My Green Ugly Duckling - #3

Hi guys,

Some update pics of this property post renovation - these were taken a little while ago. The ugly green is now long gone. Reno included full internal external paint, floorboard polishing, and general clean to kitchen & bathroom. Has come up really good. Will be getting this property reval in Feb 2015. I'm expecting a val between $285,000 & $295,000 (which if topped up to 90% will allow me to pull up to $28,500 out for subsequent purchases). A similar property in same street (number 9) sold recently for $305,000 however I like to be conservative with my numbers.

Onwards and upwards for #4, 5 & 6 in 2015.

Kind regards, N

Last edited:
Looking good! Looking forward to the next updates.
I'll be looking for IP#3 next year... hopefully can buy one more. 3 properties might be a stretch though. What's your plan for the next 3 purchases? All at 97%LVR and using buyers agent?

Looking good! Looking forward to the next updates.
I'll be looking for IP#3 next year... hopefully can buy one more. 3 properties might be a stretch though. What's your plan for the next 3 purchases? All at 97%LVR and using buyers agent?

Hi EN710 - thanks for the kind words. I would imagine the next 3 will also be in SE QLD, so yes will be using a BA for these as I'm in NSW and would rather focus on maximising my PAYG income. Will start scaling back my borrowing to 90% + LMI for the next few I would imagine. Will depend on the lending climate is like - as mentioned in a previous thread, I live at home, can save $5,000 monthly and my current portfolio is cash flow neutral overall. I can afford to be aggressive with borrowing. Hope that helps.

N.

Back