Keysborough VS Williams Landing VS TRUGANINA

Dear all,

I am a new comer to the forum, I really would like to hear all of your advise to choose one block to build my own home.

Somerfield (Keysborough) VS Williams Landing VS Allura (TRUGANINA)

After lots of research, I do prefer Allura more for its vision, community and more.

Thanks.

keysborough for capital growth. there wont be much, but itl be more than the other two alternatives.

If you have to build, and its for investment, build in geelong, or bendigo. You still wont get a great deal of capital growth in the short term, but the rental return will be better.

Dear Tobe,

Thank you very much for your advise, however, the biggest problem is I Will move to Melbourne after 2-3 years, as I am still working in HK. I would like to buy a house for our whole family with a big space, I worried if I buy the house at those time, there will be no much choice left for me. Compare to build your own or buy a established, I do consider your suggestion, but I prefer a new one with my internal design choice. For my total budget, 500K to 550K, I do not think too much choice left either for new build or established. For south-east, normal area within my budget would be over 30KM. How do you think? another choice I have considered is to buy a Townhouse in wantirna south, rowville, or ringwood. But the problem again, even I finally settled after 2-3 years, I still have no enough money to change to a house unless to consider a far away or old small house. Hope to hear your advise. thanks.

lzboycn you have to understand that the Melbourne market is very different to what you may have experienced elsewhere like HK. Location is what matters particularly in the outskirts like Truganina etc. The issues with those areas you mentioned is that there is heaps of land out there, and you will almost certainly not get your money back by building a massive house out there. If, however, price is not an issue ,then go ahead. It's all about your family's needs at the end of the day but since we are on an investment forum we tend to look at things through the prism of what makes good financial sense.

Dear Tobe,

Thank you very much for your advise, however, the biggest problem is I Will move to Melbourne after 2-3 years, as I am still working in HK. I would like to buy a house for our whole family with a big space, I worried if I buy the house at those time, there will be no much choice left for me. Compare to build your own or buy a established, I do consider your suggestion, but I prefer a new one with my internal design choice. For my total budget, 500K to 550K, I do not think too much choice left either for new build or established. For south-east, normal area within my budget would be over 30KM. How do you think? another choice I have considered is to buy a Townhouse in wantirna south, rowville, or ringwood. But the problem again, even I finally settled after 2-3 years, I still have no enough money to change to a house unless to consider a far away or old small house. Hope to hear your advise. thanks.

Assuming you are of hong kong chinese background. go for wantirna south, ringwood - firstly closer to box hill and the more asian eateries and you would be more accustomed to the familiar food etc. Ringwood land is really cheap althought there are heaps of huge blocks which you could demolish and rebuilt.

forget TRUGANINA - it is just not worth it.

Williams landing is just next door to pt cook.
Not sure how big a house you want - for 380-410K you could get land plus new house in pt cook around 350sqm land with 170-180sqm house which is 25kms away from CBD. i personally don't like the area but the cots for these builds were 320-350K just a year ago- but it is booming with a lot of migrants (especially from china and india) and prices have gone up. Not everyone has rich parents to buy them in toorak or dev sites to play with.

I made my money in keysborough in those days.

Purchased price 300k, and jumped too 400k within a year
That was back in 2007 though

lzboycn, do you have kids? Since this is a long term plan, you may have to consider schools etc...I don't believe the western suburbs you've mentioned has any good public schools (except you want to go private/catholic or aim for selective).

I made my money in keysborough in those days.

Purchased price 300k, and jumped too 400k within a year
That was back in 2007 though

One of my friends have just finished building in Keysborough. 500k for the land (bought 3/4 years ago I think) and another 500K for the house :eek:

I like Keysborough below cheltenham bordering chapel and springvale rd's.Mulgrave maybe a better pick if you want to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Kind regards Shovelhead.

Back