Keysborough VS Williams Landing VS TRUGANINA

Personally, I would go for a 3 bedroom townhouse so you get a small land component while also being able to buy closer to the city. This is a better balance for capital growth IMO. Big houses in the outer suburbs just depreciate as they get old. They don't stay new and shiny forever.

Dear Melbournian,
Thank you for such detailed information. I do appreciate it. Yes, you are right, I am a Hong Kong Chinese. But I do not like to live in Asian area, you know, close to Asian area, more competition to every thing. Within my budget less than 600K, I am struggling to find a proper place. Either to build in a developing area, or find a townhouse in south east. For keysborough, some people is talking it is not so convenient, I am not sure whether it is true or not.

Dear cimbom,

thanks for advise. Do you have some better choice? As I am planning to move to Melbourne after 2-3 years. I am thinking to buy a off the plan choice?

Personally, I would go for a 3 bedroom townhouse so you get a small land component while also being able to buy closer to the city. This is a better balance for capital growth IMO. Big houses in the outer suburbs just depreciate as they get old. They don't stay new and shiny forever.

^^ Agreed.

South Morang actually sounds like a good suggestion by Y-Man. I've been looking at the way it's developing up there, demand is increasing

Dear Y-man,

Thank you for your advise, I agree South Morang could be one better choice, but I have heard the site cost for South Morang is high due to its land. By the way, do you guys have any idea the transporation by drive, as there is no freeway in north of Melbourne, took longer time to get into CBD?

Dear Y-man,

Thank you for your advise, I agree South Morang could be one better choice, but I have heard the site cost for South Morang is high due to its land. By the way, do you guys have any idea the transporation by drive, as there is no freeway in north of Melbourne, took longer time to get into CBD?

Time to drive into city you mean? Generally makes no difference if there is a freeway or not IMHO. Freeways cna take you lots longer because you get stuck on them and have no alternative when someone breaks down.

Head south to Reservoir and then down St George takes you into the City. Big roads most of the way.

May I ask why you want to drive to city?

The Y-man

Time to drive into city you mean? Generally makes no difference if there is a freeway or not IMHO. Freeways cna take you lots longer because you get stuck on them and have no alternative when someone breaks down.

Head south to Reservoir and then down St George takes you into the City. Big roads most of the way.

May I ask why you want to drive to city?

The Y-man

Dear Y-man, What I mean is suppose you have got a job in city CBD or south east, so normally people living in South Morang will take public transportation instead of drive? thanks.

couldnt think of a worse suburb for ivnestment in metro melb then truganina

Hi, TMNT, I do not understand why you are thinking truganina is worse to invest or live, from my point of view, it is close to city, traffic jam is not that bad as PC. Stockland one property called Allura is there, it has good vision, but it is true need more time.

another thing I think is West-East Link, this is nothing to do for truganina?

Now, if you have a affordable budget, such as 600K, what is proper location to invest or live? south east Townhouse? North? or far away place like Geelong?Please advise. TKS

Hi, TMNT, I do not understand why you are thinking truganina is worse to invest or live, from my point of view, it is close to city, traffic jam is not that bad as PC. Stockland one property called Allura is there, it has good vision, but it is true need more time.

another thing I think is West-East Link, this is nothing to do for truganina?

Now, if you have a affordable budget, such as 600K, what is proper location to invest or live? south east Townhouse? North? or far away place like Geelong?Please advise. TKS

you are asking us from an invtment perspectve (unless i read wrong)

if its a pppor, you live whereever you want and pay whatever you want , to make you happy

investment wise, east does better then west, so thats 50%, its not an inner city west suburb,
its surrounded by land, its surrounded by similar suburbs, timing wise had you got in way earlie you would have done better

just better value else where

my opinion

Dear Y-man, What I mean is suppose you have got a job in city CBD or south east, so normally people living in South Morang will take public transportation instead of drive? thanks.

People EVERYWHERE in Melbourne take public transport to CBD. Unless you are executive with car park, and even then you have to spend 2 hours in the car.

For example from Truganina or Williams Landing, there is only one way into the city - that's over the Westgate, which is basically at walking pace during peak. One broken down car can mean hours. Then when you get off the freeway, you are stuck in the CBD, then pay your $60 per day in parking.

Last time I drove into the city to take some visitors there. Going in was fine because it was 11am. But I left to go home too late - close to 5pm. It took 30min to move 3 km.

South Morang has a new station just built takes 40 minutes into CBD, which is about the same as trian ride from Glen Waverley in the East, or from Williams Landing Station.

The Y-man

As mentioned before, don't built and buy established. There is no shortage of established homes in Williams Landing for under 600k. Train station is only a walk away and can get you into the city in 30 minutes. There is currently a Masters Home centre. Stage 1 of the town centre should be finalised late 2014, early 15. It is also fairly quick to get onto the freeway however with most of Melbourne's major roads, can be slow in peak hour. Outside peak hour you can get into the city within 15 minutes.

Back