Kilometre charge

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what the rate per kilometre is this year for a vehicle over 2.6 litre. I claimed 59.9 cents per kilometre for any travel to my IP's last year but have heard it's gone up. Is this true.
JIM

Hi Jim

Yes, the rates have increased and for 2003 you can claim 61c per kilomtre for a car over 2.6 litres.

Dale

Originally posted by Jimmyjamjars
Was wondering if anyone could tell me what the rate per kilometre is this year for a vehicle over 2.6 litre. I claimed 59.9 cents per kilometre for any travel to my IP's last year but have heard it's gone up. Is this true.
JIM

Hi

We have a corporate trustee ATF our discretionary trust. At present we're doing a lot of running around drawing bank cheques, delivering documents to our solicitors etc.

Is it possible to claim for kilometres travelled while attending to these things??

What are you able to claim per km for vehicles with engine capacity less than 2.6 l??

Thanks

Paul

Originally posted by TheBacon
What mileage rate can I claim for my little Dihatsu Charade 3cyl 950cc??

TheBacon.

Bacon,

I'm afraid YOU have to pay the ATO to drive that old Banger around. 61c/Klm.

Duncan.

LOL, that makes my costs 62c/Km to drive the old banger around :p

TheBacon

Originally posted by TheBacon

LOL, that makes my costs 62c/Km to drive the old banger around :p

TheBacon

Hahaha, for the record.. I'm very fond of old bangers.. My trusty old ute cost me $2500 years ago and its still going strong.. Cars are a real wealth sapper..

Have you ever noticed that around 99% of commercial breaks on Television feature at least 1 ad for a new car.. can you imagine the cost of marketing that must be built into every new car??

Regards,

BangerDriverToo.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread.

I plan to one day have enough taxable income (and large wads of non-taxable) to warrant buying brand new cars and writing them off as a legitimate business cost....

I'll still buy small cars though, they sit well in my environmentally / socially / financially conscious head ;)

My father-in-law goes all gooey eyed when he talks about all the kilometerage he still claims on his VW Kombi which he's had for >20yrs. He reckons its paid for itself 2 or 3 times over just with deductions already. Note, it only cost about $2k or$3k to start with :)

TheBacon

Back