Kitchen stove top/oven

Hi people,

I would like some advice on kitchen appliances ie. stove top and oven for IP.

Is it better to have an upright cooker? I know they do not look as good but it's cheaper and if it has problems I can easily remove it and replace.
An extractor is still required?
I am wanting to produce a modern kitchen.

I am not sure which way to go with appliances??

Hi people,

I am wanting to produce a modern kitchen.

I you want to go upright and modern you can get stainless models, they just tend to cost more. if its high end ip then a 900 wide one looks and performs great, but dont bother unless its a pricey and big kitchen. Most rentals would have white and small, in bench looks better imo (but i have a 900 wide freestander at home and luuurrrv it)

I would like some advice on kitchen appliances ie. stove top and oven for IP.

I still tend to go with the stainless steel cooktop, underbench oven and separate range hood. That way if one of them dies, it is just a matter of replacing that item. I used to get thm off The Good Guys for under $1K and prices crept up a bit. I see Bunnings has them now too for same or cheaper prices.

If its just for an IP, an Italian sounding name (probably made in China) is OK.

I agree that separate applicances are the go, but again - if it's a lower end place & you aren't replacing the whole kitchen - it might be smarter to just whip in a s/s upright cooker. You don't necessarily need a rangehood if you have a proper extraction fan, but it will probably look better.

I still tend to go with the stainless steel cooktop, underbench oven and separate range hood. That way if one of them dies, it is just a matter of replacing that item. I used to get thm off The Good Guys for under $1K and prices crept up a bit. I see Bunnings has them now too for same or cheaper prices.

If its just for an IP, an Italian sounding name (probably made in China) is OK.

Same here.

The "ohhhhh shiny" effect sometimes is a swaying factor :D

i tend to buy the cooktop and over second hand. They are worth stuff all and most tenants scratch them up anyway.

I get basic elec ss overs for less than 50 and cooktops for between 50 and 100. rangehoods i tend not to bother there is always a big 900 canopy for around 200 on sale or a pull out 600 for 100.

I figure even if one of these second hands bites it the call out for a sparky/plumber to replace and another second hand i am still way ahead.

I really dislike freestanding, i dont mind the semi freestanding ones around that go ontop of kickpannels and are sealed to the bench but the traditional freestanding looks **** and really drags down a kitchen given the cost to change for me is genereally less than 500 when redoing the kitchen.

Thanks people,

Decisions decisions.

I am replacing the entire carcass of the kitchen and really like a separate stove top and oven which is built into the bench.
I will check out prices and go from there.

Back