Kitchens Gold Coast

Hi,
I'm in the process of doing a complete makeover of my PPOR kitchen. Can anyone recommend a good company locally? One that can coordinate all other trades involved, eg sparkeys, plumbers, plasterers etc.
I've looked at Kitchen Connection, but am advised they've gone into voluntary administration and that bothers me a bit, in spite of assurances from the administrators. They offer 20% discount until 31July.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Amy

I just had a beautiful white 2 pak kitchen with stone waterfall benches done in surfers par. I used matt keenan kitchens 0403485952. He did a fantastic job,and went that extra mile for the little stuff too. Very honest and easygoing. Not sure if he can organize elec/plumb. He may but i organized my own. See link for pics:)

Was very reasonable priced. Under 9k including benchtops and install. Very happy with the job. Click on my link below to see some pics.

I've used select cabinets (approx 2 years ago) and have recommended them to other people who also had good things to say.

http://selectcabinets.com.au/

I cant for the life of me remember his name, but he has his builders license so can do full kitchen/bathroom renos and supplied all his owns tradesmen.

my advice would be stay away from kitchen connections. i have in the last 3 months used kitchen connection in brisbane for wardrobes in my bedroom (just 2 months before they went in to voluntary administration). They completed the majority of work however left so many minor things that have not been completed by their installers. They collect there payment and then that is it.

We have an aircondition switch in the old wardrobe. This now does not work since they installed the new one.
they have left a part of the ceiling uncovered that is difficult to see unless you look right inside.
they didnt put any side framing which leaves it looking very unproffessional and we are unable to finish the wallpaper until this is complete.
no door handles on the doors even after that was agreed.
gaps between the draws
in my brothers room, they also left the airconditioning wire dangling in the wardrobe (hopefully his switch works)

Now they are telling me to talk to the administrators who do not even pick up their phone or answer back to emails.

lucky i didnt pay the installer $600 but this will still probably set me back the same amount if not more if they don't fix these issues!

Thanks for the recommendations, guys.
Much appreciated,
Amy

Hi Amy
We will need a new kitchen soon, but we hope to find a suitable second hand kitchen to save heaps $$

Does anyone know of any sellers of second hand kitchens other than these 2 shops?

Red Neds, Machinery Drive, South Tweed Heads
The Pre Loved Kitchen Centre, Hamburg Drive, Beenleigh

lucky i didnt pay the installer $600 but this will still probably set me back the same amount if not more if they don't fix these issues!

all you have done is keep money away from the subcontractor for his work ,kc wont give a rats they have your money .
just for your information here is a link to how kc is proceeding in administration and by the sounds of it you have been extremely lucky compared to other customers

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1941242

Hi Amy
We will need a new kitchen soon, but we hope to find a suitable second hand kitchen to save heaps $$

Does anyone know of any sellers of second hand kitchens other than these 2 shops?

Red Neds, Machinery Drive, South Tweed Heads
The Pre Loved Kitchen Centre, Hamburg Drive, Beenleigh

if you buy a kitchen in australia - everything cost heaps
what i normally do is just order by kitchen from overseas delivered for 2-3K on what would cost 15K and then pay 800-1K for an installer to fix it up.

got a couple new builds coming along - and the cost outweighs everything or anybody that says anything

all you have done is keep money away from the subcontractor for his work ,kc wont give a rats they have your money .
just for your information here is a link to how kc is proceeding in administration and by the sounds of it you have been extremely lucky compared to other customers

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1941242

thanks for the whirlpool link arms. Well both the subbie and kc have made mistakes and that is all we had outstanding so we are not paying. yes we are very lucky compared to a lot of others. but still pissed off wasn't completed properly. :(

Kitchens are one of the easiest ways to add immediate value.

@ units4me - I thought you were a Traralgon investor. Bit of a different market to GC :)

Hi Matto.

I am in both areas, Traralgon has been and will continue to be good for me. Good from a land tax perspective to be in different states too.

I am pretty disappointed with the state of the GC market ATM though.
But hey, value adding is the key.

:)

@ untis. Thanks for reply.

Why/how did you pick GC as a spot? Did you see some macro factors that lured you there? Or did you pounce post GFC?

Back