Landlord insurance for short-term holiday rental accommodation

Hi,

I'm converting a residence into a holiday rental property, to be listed with sites like Stayz, Takeabreak, etc.

I'm currently insured with CGU. They've said they don't offer a landlord's policy that covers short-term holiday accommodation - their landlord policy only covers longer-term rentals with leases - so it looks like I'll need to change insurers.

Can anyone provide any recommendations for insurers who cover short-term holiday accommodation?

Sounds like an exciting venture Alex 1.............
Have you tried phoning a few similar establishments and asking them who they use? Call some of those B & B's, don't know about you but whenever I have stayed in those places the owners are more than happy to chat (about everything..... ; )

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've done a bit of research since my original post. Looks like Suncorp can do it. They don't have a separate landlord policy for holiday letting situations - it's basically a standard landlord policy except that, for short-term letting, they won't offer loss of rent insurance, which is OK with me.

They cover malicious & accidental damage, public liability and all the important areas.

Back