Landlord responsible for pest

In the floorboards!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?! It's in a pretty bad state and they could've been allowed to fester for some time to get that well into floorboards.

not in the floorboards - but I don't have carpet.

I agree, I didn't mean that they're in the timber :D

LOL Sez. I was actually clarifying what Melbournian said... "not in the floorboards - but I don't have carpet.".

That comment from Melbournian confused me but I didn't mean to suggest you thought they were in the timber itself :p:D

We have given tenants the "she's all good, thanks for cleaning so well" talk, handed back the bond, and then as soon as we walk on the boards the vibration is enough to get them jumping up again. Lucky for me they like hubby's legs more than mine. I can stand beside him and he is covered in them, whilst I'm not.

Like many things, we only fall for it once. From then on we put in a flea clause and ask to see the receipt.

LOL! That's ok then - I thought I'd come across as a real dope :D

Yes, unfortunately flea's can often get away for a couple of weeks (after the bond has been refunded) before they get set off again.....unluckily for me, it seems I'm as well liked by fleas as your husband is... ugh!

I've used the supermarket flea bombs but for a real infestation (or in the cracks in between floor boards :p lol) a professional treatment is needed :).

I'll be interested to see if the fleas come back again with these tenants - it's normally the Cat that is responsible!

Back