Landlords Insurance Comparison

I am developing an MS Access program to help property investors compare various landlord insurance policies. It will allow you to compare the policy wordings of landlords policy. You will be able to look at for instance, rent default and see what each insurer offers cover for, how many weeks covered, what the excess is and if there are any exclusions.

It will not compare premiums as not all the brokers and insurers will not pass that information over.

I wanted to find out if this type of product will be useful for property investors out there.

It'd be something I would use around once a year, not everyday.

I wouldn't pay for it thou - an insurance broker would be able to tell me the same information for free...

Jas

Thanks Jas.

It's a valid point if brokers could and would access all the various policies.

Will an insurance broker tell you about and supply details of policies they will not be paid a commission. Plus they probably charge a fee as well.

Many of the policies are packaged by individual brokers who will only sell you the one they have. And only a couple of insurers offer their products to the wider broking market.

If there are over 10 policies available and your broker will only be able to help with two or three, how much time are you prepared to spend chasing up the others, reading the wordings and deciding which policies suit you.

Cost of the information would only be around $15 a year. How much would your broker charge you?

I would like to see it too Warreng. Especialy if the cost is as low as you states.[ And I guess it is tax deductible?];)

Yes I would be interested. And the premiums are easy to find out for yourself; this depends partly on your postcode anyway so it would be impossible for you to sort all that out. It's good to know about all the companies, not only the ones a broker has available.

Back