Landscape - new house

After completing building a new units and subdivision (with two small backyards and share driveway), I got expensive quotes ($5000- $10000) for completing landscape that contains bobcat for leveling existing lawn and remaining building materials, lawn turf, garden beds and lilydale topping some areas. Now I think to break down landscape works into small work and hire tradies as follows:

1) Hire bobcat and tipper truck to level ground and remove building materials : $500-800
3) Buy top soil to fill garden: $300-$500
2) Hire a handy man to make wooden garden beds: $300-$500
4) Buy trees from Plant Nursery and have someone plant them: $800-$1000
5) Buy mulch and lay on garden bed: $500
6) Buy 3-4 stepping stone in areas as required: $100
7) Buy landscape accessories i.e. solar lights

Total cost will be between $2500-$3500

What is your idea? Any things I have missed?

Here is the landscape plan. Basically, the old lawn in the front yard of unit 1, all garden beds along driveway have already done by builder. Unit 1 + Unit 2's Backyards are completely wild with weeds and building materials.

As bobcat cannot access backyard of unit 1. Is there any sufficient way to clean up this yard without bobcat?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Risdon-LandsAm.jpg
    Risdon-LandsAm.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 251
thanks evisional.

Sure does look a bit overpriced at $7-10k

Without actually being there to see the block and conditions/access it's difficult to say how much is reasonable, but couldnt you get a couple more quotes to compare?

Does not seem too much to do really, no paving or major works, just a bit of soft landscaping.

I have attached a quote for full landscape and a quote to buy planting only.

They quotes $2,859 for plants, fertilisers, and mulch and $1630 for labour whereas other quotes just less than $914 for plants supply and delivery.

Total landscape price is over $12,000 :(

Definitely, landscaper try to drip off innocent people.

Attachments

• Thanh Quote 2014 01 18 Landscaping.pdf
    61.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Planting Quote - TNguyen.pdf
    5.2 KB · Views: 69
Rippoff :eek:

Geeze, what an overpriced piece of crap that quote.

I feel for you evisional, wish I could move down to Melb and help you out.

Get more quotes or as you say, self manage and employ the labour.

Back