Left wing political group orchestrating home buyers strike...

I want people to boycott mercedes benz. Just till they drop their prices to reasonable leel, which I have calculated as being the same price as I would get if I sold my 7 r old car. How am I meant to get one otherwise. I'd be happy with a C Class.. don't call me greedy..I dont want an S Class... a C63 would do just nicely.

Certainly the publicity didn't hurt my blogs page views (increased by around 30% over the last month).

I don't think the success has come from people striking, more so it's really raised the affordability issue front and centre. I've seen several mainstream articles opposing negative gearing and government intervention in the market since the campaign started, it seems people are finally waking up.

I agree there are plenty of stupid comments (from both sides) on the GetUp forum. As crazy as it sounds I would not be surprised to find out that a lot of the "stupid" bear comments are actually made by those with property interests trying to make the bear side look immature and ridiculous...

I agree there are plenty of stupid comments (from both sides) on the GetUp forum. As crazy as it sounds I would not be surprised to find out that a lot of the "stupid" bear comments are actually made by those with property interests trying to make the bear side look immature and ridiculous...

R u serial?

I’m of the belief that people / keyboard warriors are that stupid and there is no property bull shadow games / espionage going on. People are stupid it’s as simple as that. Well not stupid, more like their perception is misguided.

I’m of the belief that people / keyboard warriors are that stupid and there is no property bull shadow games / espionage going on. People are stupid it’s as simple as that. Well not stupid, more like their perception is misguided.
If you were around during the days of globabal HPC forums you might be able to believe it. People were sending huge PMs full of personal information about the bears, hundreds of accounts were created that were derogatory to bear posters (e.g. an account like XXXX_IS_A_####HEAD would sit idling in the current users), constant attempts to gain access to accounts with password resets, there was a lot more... now this is not proof of these sorts of shenanigans continuing, my suspicions are unlikely to every be factually confirmed, but think of the developers with millions of $ at stake... now think of the headlines that the bearish blogs and forums have been getting recently and tell me that there is no chance that they wouldn't try to interfere in some way...

Come on man you can’t be serious. Any developer with millions at stake and any kind of pull will not be posting on a forum in the hopes of quelling the insurrection. They will go straight to the source (politicians, councils and big game players) and nip it in the bud before any online crap comes up... now I sound paranoid.

Maybe some young property managers with time on their hands trolled the comments section.

This forum is incredibly bias and well regarded as one which is riding a high from the last 10 years of growth. I wonjder how many leveraged up young investors are on this forum. Will be interesting to see the tears when prices fall or stagnante.

That is the thing about investing ! No one ever tells anyone
when they lose money !

This forum is incredibly bias and well regarded as one which is riding a high from the last 10 years of growth. I wonjder how many leveraged up young investors are on this forum. Will be interesting to see the tears when prices fall or stagnante.

when they lose money !

Yep! Nothing like the misery of others to validate your actions or inactions

Hes not saying that.

But it would make a counter balance to the unending capital growth hubris and chest beating on here. Most of it misplaced of course.

He is saying it’ll be ‘interesting’ to see the tears of young investors when the market falls. Now I don’t know what he means by ‘interesting’ but its obvious he is wishing ill of others for his own benefit. If you want to defend that, that’s fine.

I meant he's not saying it will validate any thoughts or actions of his. You made that part up.

He is saying it’ll be ‘interesting’ to see the tears of young investors when the market falls. Now I don’t know what he means by ‘interesting’ but its obvious he is wishing ill of others for his own benefit. If you want to defend that, that’s fine.

I meant he's not saying it will validate any thoughts or actions of his. You made that part up.

Whatever man, we can debate what he meant or didn’t mean all day. I’m much more interested in hobo’s posts in this rather than beebops constant trolling

Whatever man, we can debate what he meant or didn’t mean all day. I’m much more interested in hobo’s posts in this rather than beebops constant trolling

Maybe Hobo is right and Beebop is a squillionaire property developer? Think about that for a second!!

Last edited:
Have your laugh guys, because you know what's funny? It doesn't matter that the campaign was shot down by GetUp for an official run. You may look at the campaign as a failure, I see it as a success. Off the top of my head the strike was covered:

Covered initially on SMH/Domain Blog
Front and centre on websites the next day: SMH/WA Today/The Age
Had coverage on Yahoo News
Kochie interviewed David Collyer on Sunrise
Prompted REIV to make a statement suggesting it won't work
Barefoot Investor mentions in a recent article
Interviews on multiple radio stations

That's all off the top of my head, I guarantee you there was more.

It got people talking. It planted the seed of doubt.

Prosper launched the campaign and the interest caused from the GetUp campaign suggestion launched this item into the mainstream media. If you guys think this campaign was a failure then I suggest you have a thing or two to learn about viral marketing :)

It's like saying Rebecca Black will win a Grammy because 'Friday' was such a viral sensation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0...

when they lose money !

that's me.

and do appear like i'm crying? prices in my area have been flat for 3 years.

i have *WELL* over three quarters of a million in debt with about an lvr of 65%.

everyone knows about the flat prices. i've posted about it a few times.

everyone knows i made and lost money in the stock market. back at posts 2000-3000 i went through it all.

what's your point, tall beebobby?

LMFAO como ne Tone....

are you kidding me ?????

nah not kidding, if u did a count on how many posts r saying the market will go up compared to saying it WILL go down down the bearish ones will far outweigh the other type.

there r bears whose every post is basically a variation on 'the market will go down everywhere'

i can't recall one poster who says the market WILL go up everywhere.

most investors know the market moves in cycles and adjust accordingly.

i could name 10 posters whose every post is negative about prices, i can't think of one who says the market will go up up up

nah not kidding, if u did a count on how many posts r saying the market will go up compared to saying it WILL go down down the bearish ones will far outweigh the other type.

there r bears whose every post is basically a variation on 'the market will go down everywhere'

i can't recall one poster who says the market WILL go up everywhere.

most investors know the market moves in cycles and adjust accordingly.

i could name 10 posters whose every post is negative about prices, i can't think of one who says the market will go up up up

I see the bears.

But I also see peopel going on and on and on and about how smart they are, how dumb others are and how property is basically foolproof.

Back