Letter Box Drops

Been reading a few posts lately, more recently Sam's Girls' re letter box drops to drum up potential interest. I understand the Reno Kings also promotes this strategy and I know of a couple of forumites who have been successful.

My question for any in the industry: is there a way of obtaining the owner's details so I can send the letter directly to them? I know most units where I'm looking (Syd) are tenanted and to increase my chances of the owners actually getting the letters (cos I know it won't be forwarded - I never fwd mails, just return to sender!). However I don't really want to pay $20 or whatever for each owner's name and address per property. I know there is probably a service which is available to RE agents cos after every IP purchase, I get tonnes of letters from them offering their invaluable services. Any help much appreciated.

ASDF

Not sure if it is the case in NSW but I think RP Data should have the info that you are after.
Now you just need a subscription to RP Data:D

Cheers
Mike F

Mike F said:
Not sure if it is the case in NSW but I think RP Data should have the info that you are after.
Now you just need a subscription to RP Data:D

Cheers
Mike F

I think you'll find one of the conditions of RP Data is that it's not meant to be used for direct marketing. ( though I may be wrong )

See Change

this was covered in another thread around 2 months ago.

my local council gives out owner names/addresses for free, however they won't do so over the phone so you have to go in and see them. probably only limited to 2-3 at a time. this works well if you are looking at specific properties.

Hi ASDF :)

Why not just send them addressed to "Home Owner"? RPData has its limitations and is not always correct, so you don't want to go offending owners with the wrong names. Just keep your letter direct, honest and friendly.
The other thing you can do is go doorknocking and politely explain that you're looking to buy and are NOT a REA :)

You will find the Privacy Legislation now significantly limits you with regard to directly marketing to homeowners. Whether there is any difference between being a business and doing it privately I am unsure. RP Data gets its info from Dept of Natural Resources and it is now illegal to use that information for direct contact with a homeowner. Any information sourced from Dept of Natural resources may not be used for marketing purposes.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Back