Letting fee?

I'm guessing in Kalgoorlie you don't have much choice, so they lash you any way they can. I've never paid for anything other than:
- management fee
- let/re-let fee
- posts and petties

- bills/services as charged

It's very appropriate that I found this thread, as I have just received a letter from my PM asking us to resigned an updated contract with them????

Here's some of the info:
Letting fee of 5.5% (of annual rent) <- almost 3 weeks worth of rent
Re-leasing fee of $70 for 12 months lease, or $40 for 6 months
7.7% management fee
AND additional costs of marketing $100 when releasing property

I think this is ridiculous and will be asking for a copy of our original agreement (which is around 20 years old) and negotiating while also looking at other PMs. I'll be interested to find out what you guys think and if anyone else has experienced the same thing?

I'm putting together some profiles for my own site so I can share once I get enough information about the charges other agents have.

All agents are different and most will charge to just list on the internet - umm, I wonder how they will find the tenants if they don't advertise on their standard portals? And the other thing that gets me scrtaching my head is the charge for the FOR RENT sign at the property...guess that's why I managed to steal a good tenant looking at some other agents unit with no sign :)

All fees and charges are in the schedules attached to appointment of agents forms. Look carefully and negotiate it.

Don't get fooled by the low % management rate when they start charging for other items.

Back