leumeah, Syd

Anyone know anything about Leumeah?
I wouldn't even know where it is in relation to anything, except near campbelltown, which I beleive is on the southern edges.

Any thoughts ?

It's south-west out near Campbelltown, I used to have a friend who lived there, pretty isolated place in relation to the city (Sydney), but not far from the beaches in Wollongong which is nice.

Believe there has been quite a bit of unit development near the station more recently, but haven't been out there in some time so maybe someone else can confirm?

It's south-west out near Campbelltown, I used to have a friend who lived there, pretty isolated place in relation to the city (Sydney), but not far from the beaches in Wollongong which is nice.

Believe there has been quite a bit of unit development near the station more recently, but haven't been out there in some time so maybe someone else can confirm?

Leumeah is 5 mins from the Campbelltown CBD. Some parts of Leumeah are semi-decent, but for the most part it is pretty dodgy, particularly the parts bordering Minto. We got broken into when we lived there, and nearly everyone I know that lived/lives there has been broken into at least once. There is some housing commission, but not as much as in suburbs likes Minto, Macquarie Fields. It is about 5 mins drive to get on the freeway to head to the city.

The 'MOSAIC' development near the train station is an enormous eyesore and is a white elephant. Hardly any of the units have been sold, and the developer had yet to progress to the next stage (due to lack of funds). It still looks like a building site, no landscaping or pool as promised and as advertised, yet they still advertise it as 'resort style living'. What a joke. The development overlooks the Club Hotel, the scummy Leumeah shops (another eyesore), West Leagues club and the stadium (Another white elephant). It is a really horrible location. The parking is also severely limited. So stupid of Council to let it be approved, they are regretting it now.

Leumeah is pretty cheap, there seems to be an increasing number people buying older homes, knocking them down and rebuilding. A lot of the cheaper houses for sale are fibro/weatherboard type house that need work.

i live one suburb the other way from minto and leumeah, where abouts are you looking at buying?

some good yields can be had however CG can have something left to be desired.. figures i was reading was a -4.3% drop last year (in campbelltown).

I would prefer leumeah than most of the other suburbs in campbelltown though...

The 'MOSAIC' development near the train station is an enormous eyesore and is a white elephant. Hardly any of the units have been sold, and the developer had yet to progress to the next stage (due to lack of funds). It still looks like a building site, no landscaping or pool as promised and as advertised, yet they still advertise it as 'resort style living'. What a joke. The development overlooks the Club Hotel, the scummy Leumeah shops (another eyesore), West Leagues club and the stadium (Another white elephant). It is a really horrible location. The parking is also severely limited. So stupid of Council to let it be approved, they are regretting it now.

Oh-kay then.. that resolves my question in the most appropriate way.. thanks :)

Back