Discussion on Campbelltown

I was speaking with a Campbelltown NSW agent today. He says props in the 250k price point are selling within 6 hours of going to market. He explained the contract comes back from the solicitors on Friday, which allows interested parties to inspect the prop Friday afternoon/evening. Usually the prop is sold before the open home on Saturday.

The guy on the phone was really nice, and offered me, an interstate investor, a few hours of his time to drive me around and show me a few areas of Campbelltown. He suggested areas within 1km of the train stations in Campbelltown, Leumeah, and Ingleburn. 1.5km is probably pushing it.

Even if the properties are listed with another agent, he's willing to have a look at them for me. Makes me wonder if it's genuine good service, or another motive such as potential property manager. Hard to tell in 2013.

I was also told that these areas have historically had high amounts of housing commission areas, but the areas are going through gentrification.

I bought some properties through Macquarie Fields, Minto and Campbelltown last year just before the FHOG finished. I am glad I bought back then as the prices have really moved up since then and I think that you would be pushed getting CF+ve properties through the open market now (I have a search through RE.com so I can monitor the house prices). You might be able to get a steal through a BA or someone who has the inside word with the agents and listings.

I am pleased that the State Govt identified the area as a development hotspot and new rail infrastructure is going in through the area. With that said though, there is still some land available through the area which may put a cap on CG until all the available land is taken up (which will make land 'scarce' and push people further out to Wilton for new land).

Back