Lining up connecting flights at KL

We are due to head to the UK for Xmas this year and I've found good prices flying Perth to KL with AirAsia then Emirates the rest of the way. Going out lines up OK but coming back there's a 2 and a half hour gap between landing at KL (International airport) with Emirates and then leaving with Airasia. I thought Airasia flew to the low cost terminal but from looking on the quotes it looks like it now goes from the International airport. Can anyone confirm this?

If this is the case do you think 2 and a half hours is adequate time or shall we just book the next flight (9 hour wait)

Correct air Asia now fly to KLIA 2 which is closer.

I would opt for 9 hrs simply because AA are more prone to shifting their times and 2.5hrs is not much for clearing baggage, an delays, change to timetables etc.

See how much the Tune Hotel is and maybe book that if you don't want to hang around waiting for AA checkin to open. Most low costers won't let you check in more than 2 hrs before flight so you'll have your luggage with you until then.

having done the KL thing 2.5 hrs is fine......... if all lines up

ta

rolf

In this case though you're having to go through immigration, get your bags, take the express train to klia and then go through immigration again. Could work but margin for error is pretty small.

Train ride is only 4 minutes or so but train only comes every 20 mins I think.

I agree that 2.5hrs is doable but on the last Air Asia flight I had, the times for it changed 5 times between booking and the the flight day. In the end the flight schedule changed by 3 hours which is no good.

I find that budget airlines change their schedules more often than std carriers.

I agree that 2.5hrs is doable but on the last Air Asia flight I had, the times for it changed 5 times between booking and the the flight day. In the end the flight schedule changed by 3 hours which is no good.

I find that budget airlines change their schedules more often than std carriers.

That's quite unusual, I've flown to kl I think 5 times since December and am going aha on in 3 days and the flights have never been delayed

Personally I'd go with the 9 hour stopover or maybe even a day or 2 if possible

Thanks all. We have decided to book the next morning just to be on the safe side.

We have been to KL numerous times plus will stay on the way over to the UK.

Thanks all. We have decided to book the next morning just to be on the safe side.

We have been to KL numerous times plus will stay on the way over to the UK.

A wise decision. Head out and find something fun for dinner in the city while you're there.

We are due to head to the UK for Xmas this year and I've found good prices flying Perth to KL with AirAsia then Emirates the rest of the way. Going out lines up OK but coming back there's a 2 and a half hour gap between landing at KL (International airport) with Emirates and then leaving with Airasia. I thought Airasia flew to the low cost terminal but from looking on the quotes it looks like it now goes from the International airport. Can anyone confirm this?

If this is the case do you think 2 and a half hours is adequate time or shall we just book the next flight (9 hour wait)

it goes to an airport which is known as KLIA2 it is not the main airport. the main airport where all the full service airlines fly is KLIA. this new airport has just openned recently.

2.5 hours is sufficient time but also there is some risk. first KLIA2 has a very long walk from arrivals to the immigration counter and there are heaps of ppl lining up. Then the option is to take cab or the train to KLIA. then to drop off luggae etc and depending how many ppl lining up for customs, this is another long wait, so all up that 2.5 hours would be rushing here and there to get things done. i believe you have to be there 2 hours prior to any international flight. so you would have realistically 30 minutes to disembark, collect luggage, clear customs rush to KLIA which i think is pretty tight.

I just got $1100 return from Sydney to Paris in December via the super cheap AirAsia to KL and KL to Paris on Vietnam Airlines. I'm going to Iceland to see Northern Lights for Xmas and my birthday. I was trying all sorts of combo including leaving via Perth etc and even tried Flightfox for a quote to see how cheap I could go lol. I have been on a bit of a cheap holiday binge. $250 flight to Hawaii for some shopping in November, back and then off again for the Europe bit and then Easter next year in Sri Lanka for about $700 return I think it was. Now I am banned for any more flight bookings.

I just got $1100 return from Sydney to Paris in December via the super cheap AirAsia to KL and KL to Paris on Vietnam Airlines. I'm going to Iceland to see Northern Lights for Xmas and my birthday. I was trying all sorts of combo including leaving via Perth etc and even tried Flightfox for a quote to see how cheap I could go lol. I have been on a bit of a cheap holiday binge. $250 flight to Hawaii for some shopping in November, back and then off again for the Europe bit and then Easter next year in Sri Lanka for about $700 return I think it was. Now I am banned for any more flight bookings.

Hi Elliotte,
Seems like you have secured some great rates there. Are you flying to Hawaii with Hawaiian Airlines? Also, who have you chosen for your Sri Lankan flights?

Cheers
Harro.

How much did you pay for Sydney to KL? I couldn't get from Perth to KL for under $700 return

Back