Living On equity v2

Hi all, again :)

Since posting the spreadsheet yesterday, I've had an unbelievable response. Thanks :D

I've also had more than a few people ask me to create a similar spreadsheet that allows the user to play with the parameters a little more and change the variables throughout the scenario.

So, I've done just that. Again, feel free to download the new version and let me know if it's any good. As with the first, more simple version, it will most likely be available on our website sooner or later, but I wanted to give you all the chance to see it first.

Regards,

James. :)

Attachments

• Living On Equity v2.xls
    41 KB · Views: 275
JamesGG said:
Hi all, again :)

Since posting the spreadsheet yesterday, I've had an unbelievable response. Thanks :D

I've also had more than a few people ask me to create a similar spreadsheet that allows the user to play with the parameters a little more and change the variables throughout the scenario.

So, I've done just that. Again, feel free to download the new version and let me know if it's any good. As with the first, more simple version, it will most likely be available on our website sooner or later, but I wanted to give you all the chance to see it first.

Regards,

James. :)

Hi JGG,
Can I suggest you use a thicker pink and blue line on your graph. I am sure many of your older clients will appreciate it. Great product BTW.

Nice one James,

What about adding an lvr field next to the 'new loans' field to track total loans vs 'new worth'

kp

James, the way your spreadsheet is developing you may want to think about a patent!!!!

It is just fantastic, thank you so much for doing the update, it now can give us a much more realistic picture of how we would travel over the years.

I tips me hat to you kind sir!!!!!

Patents only apply to new inventions and ideas (not to mention costing a small fortune) as someone from SomerSoft was telling us today at uni :)

To James,
Thank you , my lines look great.

To all ,
I am EXCITED.
Would the bank/anybank consider increasing the mortgage as such, purely based on the increase of equity ?
Howis this different from reversed mortgage ?

Thanks

Hi James,

It is a lovely spreadsheet!

I changed your example scenario (the one that is on the spreadsheet when I downloaded it) so that the living costs went up with inflation (as well as the rent), as I think this will give a more accurate representation of what people would actually need to draw if they were implementing this scenario.

I also put in a rental return of 4% (rather than 5%) to allow for some holding costs such as rates, insurance, property management etc.

These changes made the lines closer together, but it still works! So all we need is $5mill of property and $4mill of debt, as well as being happy to live off $80K, and we are all set! :)

Regards,
Katrina

Martel said:
Patents only apply to new inventions and ideas (not to mention costing a small fortune) as someone from SomerSoft was telling us today at uni :)

and patents only give you a right to defend the patent, not protection of the patent.....and to defend, you need deeper pockets than the guy who stole it.

Hello, James,

A great little tool to use, and thanks for sharing it.

Could I be so bold as to ask a small favour? :eek: The 'predictions' sheet doesn't quite fit on my screen, but only by about 4 or 5 spaces. Can you decrease the width of, say, column 'C' accordingly, to alleviate having to scroll left and right?

I would change it myself, but the sheet is protected for good reasons.

Thank you,

Bill

Hi all,

I've made a few changes, based on your suggestions, to include the LVR and make the graph easier to read like the first version.

I have also made the blank columns in the predictions page smaller, but I fear that adding the LVR column has countered this. (I'm not entirely sure... yay for widescreen monitors!)

I guess one option Bill might be to print the page, as it's set up to 'fit to page' (landscape). It seems readable to me (ie: not to small) so hopefully it works ok for everyone too :)

Thanks again guys for all the positive feedback, it makes me happy to see that so many people might gain something from using it.

Regards

James.

Attachments

• Living On Equity v2.xls
    42 KB · Views: 139
thefirstbruce said:
and patents only give you a right to defend the patent, not protection of the patent.....and to defend, you need deeper pockets than the guy who stole it.

Not to mention you need to detect they are infringing on your patent. If its something like a manufacturing process, how are you ever going to know about it?

Back