LMI regional restrictions

Have just been looking at the "Location Wizard" for QBE. Am wanting to buy in a regional area.
It seems the max you can borrow on a 95% lend with QBE LMI would be $500K, or $350K if the loan was insured through Genworth.

My question is, am I interpreting these figures correctly?
If so, would an excellent servicing ability help get the loan across the line?

I have a DSR of around 30% and am wanting an $800K loan

Thanks for your advice

Hi PHF

That will be a HUGE struggle though maybe not impossible

Depends what your regional is AND what the security is,and what your overall credit score might be

ta
rolf

Yeah,
I thought this might be a difficult purchase.
My credit score should be very good, no black marks against my name, everything always paid on time.
Already have one property in a regional area but the loan was less than $400K, although still at 90% LVR. No real equity to pull from that one just yet.
Deposit of 10% has been saved over the past 6 months, but stamp duty will eat half the deposit.
Security is just a house in the Pilbara, leased for the next few years at $75K p.a.

Would appreciate any advice. Lots more IP to come after this one so don't want to tarnish the credit score with unnecessary enquiries.

Gotta say in general that will be a hard ask for the locm, cos thats not really regional, thats country ............bush, but with regular income

750 may be more achievable, but still a stuggle, a 90 plus LMI is an order of magnitude easier than a 95 minus LMI and will result in similar nett cash outcomes

BUT speak with a good broker to see what they can come up with in a solid way before submitting a deal

ta
rolf

Back