Local councils in Perth

I have been hunting around to try and find somewhere that I can find out which council jurastiction a suburb comes under in the Perth metropolitan area, but so far I have been unsuccessful.

Can anybody here point me in the right direction please.?

Thanks for the replies, and the link posted by BC has a wealth of information, but I what I am trying to do is as follows:

I see a property for sale and I want to go to the local shire to find out zoning, R-codes etc as a potential for development. If that site is in say, Gosnells, Thornlie, Maddington etc, where can I find which council website I should be looking at?

Ubd

Look in your UBD (UBD=Perth Street Directory).

The suburbs on each map are shown in normal bold black text and the councils or shires are normally shown in a 'fainter' blue text.

Boundaries are often marked as a red line usually down the centre of major roads.

Council websites will also have online maps showing their boundaries.:cool:

Last edited:
you can just type the suburb followed by the words "council" and "WA" into google and it should give you an answer, or the answer will be quite apparent by the search results.

Then you simply look up that council's details from the Dept of Planning website as per the link above...

Boods

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, and the link posted by BC has a wealth of information, but I what I am trying to do is as follows:

I see a property for sale and I want to go to the local shire to find out zoning, R-codes etc as a potential for development. If that site is in say, Gosnells, Thornlie, Maddington etc, where can I find which council website I should be looking at?

Gosnells, Thornlie - City of Gosnells
Maddington - City of Canning

As Boods suggested it's an easy Google Search.
I just typed in Gosnells Council, Maddington Council etc

Back