locksmith in Sydney's inner west

So, I read through all the SS threads on locksmiths (some useful stuff on rekeying there, etc). But I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a locksmith in Sydney's inner west. The job is fairly simple - replacing 2 existing deadlocks with ones that can open from the inside without a key (I have nightmares about not being to get out in case of a fire because I can't find the key). Cheapest quote I have is $300 and most expensive one is $480!! They're supplying me with a standard lockwood twin deadlock.

It's a long shot, but just wondering if someone knows the name of a trustworthy locksmith (with security license etc).

Thanks in advance!

Oh, I also tried to use servicecentral and quotify, but they didn't manage to match me up to any tradespeople...

Trapped

Surprising how many people dead lock the main door or security door and take the key with them.

When I was with NSW Fire brigade I went to a number of fires where people had been trapped inside because of this. :eek:

Fortunately no deaths. Either a neighbour had smashed the door down or fire brigade got their in time.

When a house is on fire it is hot as hell. You cannot breath and you become disorientated as you cannot see. No way you can find a key and if you did you would not be able to see the lock.

Why not just leave a key in the deadlock when at home ?

Hi GeeCee

Yep - leaving key in deadlock would be a sensible idea - but this is also our ppor (been here about 3 months now) and STILL haven't changed the locks!!

Back