Looking for legal advice in Perth

Hi,

I am looking for a law firm or legal service to help me with my investment.
I invested sum of money on a development and the director has not been managing the project well at all. The project has 5 shareholders including him.
This project started in June 2010 and the land earthwork still has not been started. This delay is not caused by the council but due to his mismanagement.
Recently I requested for the company book ie bank statements, land title etc but I doubt he will provide that.
He hasn't been responding to my email. He also has other projects going and lately I've been hearing more disappointed people that invested with him in other projects.

I need to talk to someone that can guide me on what I can and should do.
I know they are many law firms around but I am looking for someone that provides me a good legal advice and not costing a fortune.

Thank you.

Why do you think you need a lawyer at the moment? I'm not sure if you necessarily do yet.

What is it you actually want to do/happen?

Is the 'no start' within the time frame you were given? Any updates? Any communication at all? Do you know the person you invested with well, as well as knowing their previous business/investment 'history'? Did have your own independent lawyer to go over the contracts and advise BEFORE going ahead with the venture?

If mostly no's, and he's not responding to you I'd be very concerned, and yes I'd get a lawyer.

He is responding to another shareholder very very slowly.
Basically we always have to chase him up.
Originally he said it would take around 12 months.
But I think because the market is soft he is quite happy to do everything very slowly.
We are not blaming him for the soft property market.
What we'd like to see is the subdivision get completed and decide from there what we will do next.

No, unfortunatley I didn't get the lawyer to read through the contract.
I know it's looking pretty careless now but I thought I knew him.

I'd like to know my right and what I can/can't do.
That doesn't mean I will take him to court (yet).

Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Perth?

Hi,

I am looking for a law firm or legal service to help me with my investment.
I invested sum of money on a development and the director has not been managing the project well at all. The project has 5 shareholders including him.
This project started in June 2010 and the land earthwork still has not been started. This delay is not caused by the council but due to his mismanagement.
Recently I requested for the company book ie bank statements, land title etc but I doubt he will provide that.
He hasn't been responding to my email. He also has other projects going and lately I've been hearing more disappointed people that invested with him in other projects.

I need to talk to someone that can guide me on what I can and should do.
I know they are many law firms around but I am looking for someone that provides me a good legal advice and not costing a fortune.

Thank you.

I would pm Ausprop, he may be able to put you onto the right person.

Thank you for the recommendation.

The majorirty shareholders have agreed to go ahead with the earthworks.
The director has agreed also.
Someone, a shareholder, has agreed to take care of the project to help (push) the director to complete the tasks.

Back