Looking for RE Agent to sell PPOR in Frankston

Hi all

I'm looking to sell my PPOR in Frankston (value low 300s), and am looking for the best agent/agency to sell it.

Just wondering what people's experiences have been with the different RE agencies in Frankston (both buying and selling), and what people would recommend.

Some people have recommended me to "Network 1". They have a fixed fee of 5K and are apparently quite good.

Any feedback appreciated - please PM me if you don't want to leave -ve feedback here...

Hi all

I'm looking to sell my PPOR in Frankston (value low 300s), and am looking for the best agent/agency to sell it.

Just wondering what people's experiences have been with the different RE agencies in Frankston (both buying and selling), and what people would recommend.

Some people have recommended me to "Network 1". They have a fixed fee of 5K and are apparently quite good.

Any feedback appreciated - please PM me if you don't want to leave -ve feedback here...

There was a recent thread regarding Network1 RE.

I have used them before and found them just as good (or bad) as any of them.

In this market around Frankston, things that are in the high $200's and low 300's, are selling OK, depending on the location/condition etc.. Plenty of choice out there at the moment though. Not the best time to sell in my opinion.

If your property is good value for money, then Network1 RE would be my choice. They have been selling quite a bit lately (at what price though?) but be warned, they have a Conditioning policy which will start almost immediately upon signing them up.

Nothing really unusual there though, for all agencies do this in some form, for they just want your listing! "Lie, cheat, steal; do whatever it takes to get the listing...!" That's what I was told when I completed the real estate course. They're all the same really.

We were happy with another house sale using a very dedicated lady by the name of Di Benson, who works for Raine and Horne at Frankston. She achieved a great result for us and was passionate, but perhaps we were just lucky, for I really wouldn't have choosen their agency, if circumstances were different.

Hope this helps.

There was a recent thread regarding Network1 RE.

I have used them before and found them just as good (or bad) as any of them.

In this market around Frankston, things that are in the high $200's and low 300's, are selling OK, depending on the location/condition etc.. Plenty of choice out there at the moment though. Not the best time to sell in my opinion.

If your property is good value for money, then Network1 RE would be my choice. They have been selling quite a bit lately (at what price though?) but be warned, they have a Conditioning policy which will start almost immediately upon signing them up.

Nothing really unusual there though, for all agencies do this in some form, for they just want your listing! "Lie, cheat, steal; do whatever it takes to get the listing...!" That's what I was told when I completed the real estate course. They're all the same really.

We were happy with another house sale using a very dedicated lady by the name of Di Benson, who works for Raine and Horne at Frankston. She achieved a great result for us and was passionate, but perhaps we were just lucky, for I really wouldn't have choosen their agency, if circumstances were different.

Hope this helps.

Thanks oneuppmanship, it sounds like Network 1 might be the goer. What is this conditioning policy which i need to watch out for?

Anyone have any particularly positive experiences with any other agent or agency?

Thanks oneuppmanship, it sounds like Network 1 might be the goer. What is this conditioning policy which i need to watch out for?

Anyone have any particularly positive experiences with any other agent or agency?

The Conditioning process is the trick used by ALL RE Agents.

As soon as they have your listing, you will receive correspondance saying if you have no-one interested within 2 weeks, your price is too high, and so on...

Because they don't actually do anything other than answer the phone and open the door, they rely on vendors getting so fed up with the lack of interest in their property, that they 'condition' you into thinking that the price is the issue, not the real fact that they haven't done anything other then put a couple of adds in and wait....

Your house price keeps dropping and dropping until it's so stale and cheap, that it gives itself away.

This is the reason I completed the Real Estate Agents course, so that I could confirm what I already suspected. The listing is everything to them, without something to sell, there's just no business. They'll tell you anything to get your listing, and then condition you to the ground, if you let them.

"Lie, cheat, steal, just get that listing!!!" (What I was instructed):(

The Conditioning process is the trick used by ALL RE Agents.

As soon as they have your listing, you will receive correspondance saying if you have no-one interested within 2 weeks, your price is too high, and so on...

Because they don't actually do anything other than answer the phone and open the door, they rely on vendors getting so fed up with the lack of interest in their property, that they 'condition' you into thinking that the price is the issue, not the real fact that they haven't done anything other then put a couple of adds in and wait....

Your house price keeps dropping and dropping until it's so stale and cheap, that it gives itself away.

This is the reason I completed the Real Estate Agents course, so that I could confirm what I already suspected. The listing is everything to them, without something to sell, there's just no business. They'll tell you anything to get your listing, and then condition you to the ground, if you let them.

"Lie, cheat, steal, just get that listing!!!" (What I was instructed):(

Well that's disappointing to hear, but thanks heaps for the heads up :)

Anyone else have any experiences with specific agents?

I like Luke Howard from First National at Chelsea.

I have both bought from him and put a property on the market with him.

He is upfront and realistic, there are no surprises or hidden catches. He seems always available for a chat and happy to answer endless questions. What I like most is the honesty, he will respectfully disagree if needed.

For the record - I have no association with Luke other than buying/selling. I should note also that he is what I look for in an agent - other people may look for other qualities.

Hope that helps,
John

Back