Looking for subdivision potential property in SA

I agree with CJay,

Corner block back yard cut offs are quicker, easier and have the better profit margin. Although having said that, they are hard to get hold of, not many come on the market.

However I do believe there is still money to be made with battleaxe back yard cut offs within 10km of Adelaide City CBD, the rental demand must be high, and vacant land must be scarce, plus nearby to services/amenaties etc, as always good due dilligence, and knowing your end value by looking at comparable sales, so as not to spend too much to purchace in the first place.

In some areas, repeat some areas, hammerhead developments are quite acceptable. I've researched sales data for a part of Marion council area and found NO evidence that the hammerhead blocks of land sold for less or took longer to sell than street frontage courtyard-size blocks. Similarly, there was no evidence in the data that new hammerhead houses sold for less or took longer to sell than street frontage courtyard houses... food for thought...

Paul

In some areas, repeat some areas, hammerhead developments are quite acceptable. I've researched sales data for a part of Marion council area and found NO evidence that the hammerhead blocks of land sold for less or took longer to sell than street frontage courtyard-size blocks. Similarly, there was no evidence in the data that new hammerhead houses sold for less or took longer to sell than street frontage courtyard houses... food for thought...

Paul

Have client who has some good hammerhead developments in Morpettville & Plympton.

House at the front and 2 townhouses @ the rear.

Sub div blocks

Hi, Warradale and Glengowrie you should look at. 700 to 800 sqm blocks. Marion shops, walk to beach, jetty road very close, trams very close, Marion pool etc etc. Surrounding suburbs very expensive e.g. Glenelg, Somerton and Brighton. Marion council good. Well worth considering IMHO.

Want land you say? How about your own park...

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-richmond-113325695

image17.jpg

image16.jpg

3 issues I'd check with Anons link to 21 BICKFORD STREET Richmond SA 5033

1. avoid significant trees (the big gum in the back yard)
if it's trunk greater than 2m circumfrence and over 10m from the dwelling it can not be removed.
And if it meets criteria for removal it will cost about $3000 to be felled.
TIP- also always look for signifiant trees on the neighbouring properties near the boundary, because they can add costs to foundations as the roots of large trees add movement factors of reactive clay soils (most of adelaide), or in some cases prevent your development from being approved at all!

2. you need a minimum 4m width from side boundary to the dwelling for a hammerhead driveway in this council zone.

For both of these reasons you'd need to take your tape measure to this open inspection :)

3. seems somewhat overpriced compared to the recent sale at Brooker Tce (link in my earlier post) for similar size/shape parcel of land with dwelling

Back