Mainroad property attracts lower rent?

Hi all

I am going to rent my PPOR out and its on a mainroad I would say...I knew I broke the rule but I just had to bite it while the grant was still there last year.

My question is whether a mainroad property also attracts a lower rent compared to those on quieter streets? cannot compare as nothing on main road available for lease in this suburb....

Thx

My most recent IP purchase is on a main road, a highway actually. It rented in 3 days of listing and about $10 p/wk less than other comparables that are further back. Try it at what you or your PM think, you can always drop it based on feedback.

Hi all

I am going to rent my PPOR out and its on a mainroad I would say...I knew I broke the rule but I just had to bite it while the grant was still there last year.

My question is whether a mainroad property also attracts a lower rent compared to those on quieter streets? cannot compare as nothing on main road available for lease in this suburb....

Thx
Watchya talkin' bout??? I don't see any rules having been broken here!!! :p

Don't worry, mainroad properties are just as liveable as non-mainroad properties. Sure they're not everyone's cuppa tea, especially those sensitive to high volume traffic noises, but for many it can be quite lulling and help them sleep.

I've lived on a mainroad in years gone by, and found that over time you get used to it (the constant traffic flow / noise).

If you find that renting it is difficult, drop back the rent a little (as suggested) and see how you go, but I think in today's rental market with properties being in big demand everywhere, you'll have no drama finding tenants willing to go into the property.

Best of luck. :)

A main road property can sometimes get a higher rent. There could be commercial opportunities there, if access from the main road is easy enough.
There are a number of what were once private houses around here on a main road that are now business premises or offices. Things like accountants, architects and the like. They don't need heaps of parking to run businesses like that and they like the high visability for their advertising signs. The downside is that when they become vacant they can be vacant for a long time between tenancies. One that I have noticed was vacant for so long it is now being offered for sale.

Back