Unit site: main road better?

im looking at 2 sites in the same suburb,
both are similarly priced, houses are similar, one is on a main road the other is not, rent is similar

when I say main road, its still two lanes, but a bit wider then a side street

me thinks that long term for the purpose of land banking, the main road would be better for development into apartments or townhouses,

normally the main road property should sell for a tad lower, but the area for a few years now, the prices havent varied much from a main road to a side street.

whats everyones opinion please ;)

Depends on how busy the main road is. I prefer not to purchase on a main road. Developing on a main road will require additional engineering too, Acoustic and air quality to name a few.

Depending on the extenuating conditions and type of construction, some development types that are on state controlled roads can trigger a requirement for State approval.

You may want to look into this before diving in too deep.

Depending on the extenuating conditions and type of construction, some development types that are on state controlled roads can trigger a requirement for State approval.

You may want to look into this before diving in too deep.

The local road authority comes to mind. Don't forget the possible need for traffic management too, can be costly.

Check out where te legal point of discharge is. If gate to be digging along the naturestrip on a busy road.

Oscar

Back