Major Bank Mobile Lenders

Hi formites

Has anyone dealt with or know of mobile lenders via the major banks.

FYI - I have been approached by a bank who require more mobile lenders (Melb) and although stability is important for me I am not sure whether this will be a bold move considering I've been broking for 5 odd years.

Any comments/experiences are appreciated
Advantages/Disadvantages ?
It would be good to hear comments from other brokers (don't be rude)

Ciao

I know a hundred ex bank johnny's who have moved on to broking. Don't know any brokers who have moved to a bank...

Have you worked at a major bank before? Big targets, ruthless senior managers, middle managers who are normally guns at credit, and useless at people management...

It's a whole different ball game buddy.

Noel

Hiya

One my relos ran a large Mobile lending team for a major

Possible to earn 200 k depending on the structure, work ethic and skills.

Personally...........if you are running "decent volume" as a broker and owning your future, I reckon one would be unemployable in that sort of role for a number of fundamental reasons. Frustration would be a big one. And job security would be merely a perception.

ta
rolf

Would it be the CBA by any chance?

Targets are tough and they are forever trying to fill roles. One can assume people don't stay in their roles for too long. Two reasons spring to mind...
Either they get the chop or they leave due to job satisfaction.

To reach the targets they set you would be making at decent living as a MB. For memory you need to self source about 75% of business yourself.

On the other hand, if you're up for the challenge and make a good fist of it (and can put up with the continual cahnging of the "goal posts") you have someone paying sick & annual leave along with your super.

I for one declined such an offer a while back. Apart from the above, I just couldn't see myself promoting products that I knew weren't right for everyone.

Regards
Steve

I know a hundred ex bank johnny's who have moved on to broking. Don't know any brokers who have moved to a bank...

Have you worked at a major bank before? Big targets, ruthless senior managers, middle managers who are normally guns at credit, and useless at people management...

It's a whole different ball game buddy.

Noel

Hey Noel

I worked for CBA for 10 yrs in Perth and moved on - I vowed never to go back.

Well, never say never hey.

BTW - It's not CBA

I've had some contact with a mobile banker.

I've generally found they're very quick to get approval through, but they constantly have trouble with the settlement process across every level. The broker channel is much easier to deal with in my experience.

It's certainly not a job I'd enjoy.

Back