Making a bond claim

Thanks but I mean legally?

My agent says I can only claim for rent and cleaning because that's the bond 'rules'.

Is there a site or page that says otherwise? I want to get some of my cttt fees back as well as sheriff fees if it's claimable

In VIC all tribunal and sheriff fees can not be claimed from the bond - try tax time :). Change of locks if the tenant was evicted? You can claim this in VIC but I am not sure of NSW. Try the NSW fair trading site for further information. Rent and cleaning can be claimed yes, does this take up all of the bond?

NSW Fair trading states;

The main reasons a claim can be made against the bond are:

•unpaid rent
•the reasonable cost of repairing damage to the premises, beyond fair wear and tear
•unpaid water usage charges, so long as you had requested payment within 3 months of receiving the bill
•any 'break fee' or other charges payable as a result of the tenant breaking the tenancy agreement early
•the reasonable cost of cleaning any part of the premises not left reasonably clean, having regard to how clean the premises were at the start of the tenancy
•the reasonable cost of having the barrel of the locks changed or other security devices replaced, if the tenant has failed to return all keys and security devices they were given.
This is not an exhaustive list. There may be other legitimate reasons for making a claim against the tenant's bond, such as the cost of disposing of goods left behind by the tenant. The claim must relate to a breach of the tenancy agreement by the tenant.

So yes, you can claim the change of locks. If you apply to tribunal for a bond and compensation claim then you will have an order for the WHOLE amount, rent and all, your landlords insurance may require this to pay out on the claim. Then you don't chase the debt as it has been covered by your insurance.

Can i claim sheriff fees and tribunal costs and chnage of locks against the bond?

I am sorry not sure what Sez is referring to. You can claim Tribunal Costs etc off bond. have done so many times and have had it awarded on the order. With Tribunal claim all and see what you get, a lot depends on the member on the day but I always claim all cost involved and most of the time get them that is what Tribunal is for.

I am sorry not sure what Sez is referring to. You can claim Tribunal Costs etc off bond. have done so many times and have had it awarded on the order. With Tribunal claim all and see what you get, a lot depends on the member on the day but I always claim all cost involved and most of the time get them that is what Tribunal is for.
Depends who you get, I attend Frankston law courts 9 times out of 10 and I always try for the costs and get told I'm being cheeky and they aren't awarded :).

Back