Making interstate offers - state differences?

Hi .. a newbie investor to Oz looking at the differences between home (NZ) and here (NSW). Now looking at buying in QLD and am confused at diffs between states!
At home we would need "subject to finance" as a clause if finance not 100% pre-approved .. also there's a common "buy yourself more time" clause such as "subject to solicitor's approval" .. I think the latter is unnecessary here because of the cooling-off period .. but "subject to satisfactory builder's report" would be another option for an older home and definitely not implied in a purchase agreement.
Can someone advise or point me in the right direction for more info?
Thanks!

A good team in the state, region you are purchasing in is best. Ive only bought in Vic & QLD myself, and you can have subject to finance clause there, as the valuation is generally done after the contract note is signed.
I have found when I have tried to put in the more time clauses you refer to, the estate agent, or vendor rejects them out of hand. I think this was because I was getting a good deal, or in a hot market, so they didnt want it tied up on a building inspection etc. On my last QLD purchase I had a finance clause, but had to lose it while the contract was being posted between the vendor and myself as there was another offer on the table and I wanted to seal the deal.

Back