Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Ukraine, 295 dead, 27 Australians dead

This is just so sad - innocent loss of life for nothing.
A sense of disbelief that this could happen
Condolences to all families of all nationalities on this flight

"London: A Malaysia Airlines plane en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur has been shot down in separatist-controlled eastern Ukraine, claiming the lives of 295 passengers and crew. Malaysia Airlines told Fairfax Media that 27 Australians were on board.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/malaysi...ns-on-board-20140718-zu9p2.html#ixzz37la07G8c

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible tradgety, so sad. I hope that no one here has loved ones aboard.

How fateful it is another Malaysian airline. Does ponder whether the airline will survive another loss of life, to thier reputation, even though this is an terrorist act.

When will this senselessness stop ... the plane was at 10,000 metres so not even a remote threat to those on the ground.

Between this - and the idiocy of "you hit me so I'll hit you so you hit me so I'll hit you" of Gaza ... some days I so despair for humanity

Last edited:
When will this senselessness stop ... the plane was at 10,000 feet so not even a remote threat to those on the ground.

Between this - and the idiocy of "you hit me so I'll hit you so you hit me so I'll hit you" of Gaza ... some days I so despair for humanity

Are you sure 10000 feet. That is low for a big plane like that. To me that would have been a threat.

Sympathies to those that lost loved ones.

I wonder how the news would report this if the plane went down over the gaza strip and was shot down by Israelis.

Are you sure 10000 feet. That is low for a big plane like that. To me that would have been a threat.

She meant to say metres. These planes cruise between 35,000 - 40,000 feet. People skydive about 10,000 - 12,000 feet.

It looks like this was an accident and the plane was mistaken for a Ukrainian jet.

The article does not say that. It just says, MH flew its normal course. Now that this happened, the other flights are taking a longer route avoiding the war zone

At least the airline knows where their plane is this time.

Not sure whether it's true, but on ABC radio this morning they mentioned that news of the crash broke while Obama was on the phone to Putin. That would have added some extra friction to the chat.

At least the airline knows where their plane is this time.

Not sure whether it's true, but on ABC radio this morning they mentioned that news of the crash broke while Obama was on the phone to Putin. That would have added some extra friction to the chat.

They at least know where the pieces are

The head of Malaysia Airlines must be throwing his arms in the air screaming "why us again!!!"

My friend has booked a flight to Malaysia via Malaysia air, I'm sure she will be reconsidering now

Hi

This is extremely terrible news.
Makes my mind wonder what happened to the other plane earlier this year?
For this innocent flight to have been shot down is just insane.
I haven't read any of the news or media coverage yet but will do in about an hours time but it is just so sad...what a waste.

I would have to say that this airline company wont survive anymore as everybody will be to scared to fly with them.

Regards,

alicudi

My friend has booked a flight to Malaysia via Malaysia air, I'm sure she will be reconsidering now

Because another airline would be able to avoid a surface-to-air missile?
Your friend is a fool. If she's flying from Oz to KL ask her to point out any dangerous airspace along the route.

Because another airline would be able to avoid a surface-to-air missile?
Your friend is a fool. If she's flying from Oz to KL ask her to point out any dangerous airspace along the route.
Hey hey take it easy;)

Shes just reacting how a normal person would, it's natural to think so

It's like people who will avoid swimming at the beach in bali because someone was eaten by a shark in Perth,

Also the odds of getting eaten by a shark is like a million times less then getting killed innate car accident, but yet people still drive

Back