Man Hours for Certain Jobs?

Great stuff, very true. Kudos.

Fair enough that's just one reason Australia's such a great place to live, people have the option to shop around for just about anything.
Whether its a tradie or a steak from a restaurant.
I don't have the option however to go to a restaurant and bring my own steak, or hang around the back kitchen door waiting for a chef to cook it for a bit of cash in his break. Or to try and borrow one of the apprentices to cook it because it cant be that hard right? I mean I could do it myself but I'm above that kind of work.

starting earning 6 figures as a first year graduate many years ago and because of my education took quite a number of trades to vcat when they tried to screw me over(where the tally is 20 to 0) in my favour. why would i have to be peeved? everyone to their own opinions. i'm merely disagreeing with some of the posts in terms of rates and not looking down on anyone.

You've taken 20-30 tradies to the VCAT, perhaps there is a pattern forming here?

Could you please do every tradesman from Victoria a favour and post your name and phone number so they know never to even answer your calls.

Maybe you should educate yourself to either count properly up to 30, or just admit the fact that you stretch the truth sometimes:

hahaha. maybe should take a read of the building act rather than go back and read on historical post

the reason being - the other cases in those last 2 years was upgraded to the magistrates court as advised by the solicitor as they did not abide by the original tribunal's decision which i don't consider a win. :D

You've taken 20-30 tradies to the VCAT, perhaps there is a pattern forming here?

Could you please do every tradesman from Victoria a favour and post your name and phone number so they know never to even answer your calls.

there is no pattern

example 1.
tiler refuses to come back to fix uneven tiles and didn't bother to even wash up therefore having to get someone to scrap the grout. 20+ calls without any answer,

example 2:
carpenter demands cash and refuses to leave the premises till the police come.

example 3:
builder agrees to have 3 guys to do the work at site the next day in which i have to pay for the 3 which i agree. the next day, only 1 turns up and is there half day and another rocks up during lunch. next day i get an invoice for 3 guys the whole day - which wasn't true. tried to put it to the builder - he reckons not. why should i pay for something that is not true

example 4.
cabinet maker damages plasterboard in common property when taking his ladder out and neglects to inform me and also denies it until owners corporation produces a video to show he did it.

every action has an equal and opposite reaction. i don't seek out problems unless they come to me. honestly, if you were in the same position, you would do the same. it's really off topic now seriously - let's just leave it as it is.

Hi Dave

I can assure you he or his mum are not telling porkies....he IStaking home 1600 net per week; if he does not work Sat he takes home i think 1200 net per week...last year when he was in his final year, he took home 800 net per week...

Ah so it will probably be due to overtime and penalty rates moreso than the standard hourly rate. Makes more sense.

It really needs to be compared as pay / worked hours = $ per hour, as it may be 60-70 hour weeks to be getting that $1600.

i hope you dont call me to do any timber floors, you'll be up for 30k in tools before the job even gets started

Yeah, I was laughing at the OP. Im also self employed, and my P&E required for my trades also far outweigh the cost economics of DIY.

pinkboy

i hope you dont call me to do any timber floors, you'll be up for 30k in tools before the job even gets started

Pfft an Ozito $39 orbital sander is all you need to do a whole house. When you are paying $2.50 an hour to a tafe student cash in hand, he can take 2 weeks to get the job done and still be substantially ahead compared to those overpriced greedy tradie scum.

Back