Satisfying the requirements for plan sealing

I'm currently working my way through the requirements (BCC Approval Package) for having my plans for a splitter block to be approved for titling.

Has anyone done this themselves, or is it worth employing a project manager to do this? My surveyor has quoted an hourly rate to do this, and believes there is approximately 20 hours worth of work required. I have the time to do this myself, but obviously not the experience.

I've just spoken to someone at the council to try to guide me through a few of the questions I have and they were being vague and said I needed to appoint a project manager.

I've already sorted out the water/stormwater/sewage connection and once the surveyor pegs out the site I can pay the QUU to start the work, but I guess it's the tick-a-box type requirements (sediment control, filling and excavation etc) that I need assistance on how to satisfy each criteria. FYI the existing house is being slid and raised.

Lastly, has anyone gotten around having to remove a redundant crossover? The crossover will be redundant for the purposes of the existing house (which will be slid to the opposite side of the block) but it will be used as the crossover for the new project home that will be built there. I'm a few weeks from signing the contract for that build which should commence in Dec/Jan. Just seems like a waste of time and resources to remove the crossover and then smash it apart to recreate it in the same location in a few months.

Lastly, has anyone gotten around having to remove a redundant crossover? The crossover will be redundant for the purposes of the existing house (which will be slid to the opposite side of the block) but it will be used as the crossover for the new project home that will be built there. I'm a few weeks from signing the contract for that build which should commence in Dec/Jan. Just seems like a waste of time and resources to remove the crossover and then smash it apart to recreate it in the same location in a few months.

The driveway is required for construction purposes so can remain until building works finish, by then you probably have your plans for the splitter block submitted to council showing that the driveway will be required for the 2nd house.

Back