Mandurah/southern corridor again

Hi All

Just got back from Mandurah, very interesting development blocks have gone up apparently between $60-70,000 and rising.... how did I miss that, too busy with Perth stuff:eek:

Apparently there are now multiple offers, in particular deve sites, highest wins out, 5 unit site sold for $400,000 last week I think. Oh yes this sounds very familiar, but there is time I think.

Also, not only deve sites moving but stock in general. My agent sold 12 over the last month, with Spring on its way I think we may even see more activity. Not sure whether we will see another IR drop, if we do, it will be bedlam I imagine.

For those looking at deve sites in Perth that are ridiculously expensive, perhaps it is now time to start looking at Mandurah and southern corridor.

My be a good idea to also do the sums on land and house packages, see if it works, Madora Bay, Singleton, Meadow Springs, Halls Head .. wherever you can source at the right price that stacks up.

Also with developments, I think keep it simple, build what people want, agent on to his next development and wont sell one, cos the rents cover the loan. We agreed that developers should not build cheap and tacky, buyers expect more these days, ie stone bench tops, skirting, you may be surprised to find out the end value will be more and easier to sell.

From my little research I found that if I use a spec builder and add the fruit it costs me more than going down the route of a smaller builder, I think cos they have got it worked out the best way to minimise costs but still have the right impact, the 'x' factor.

Time to be networking with RE agents and builders in the area and start looking at comparable sales/sold properties. Most importantly find out what buyers want in the area and build that product.

MTR:)

been sayin' it for a few weeks now :)

OK, enough said, going to be eating humble pie now:p

Won't be beach side, though there are land and house packages in Singleton low $300s, however smaller lots.

What I have found is do not underestimate the value of 'rear access', very popular, ie boat, caravan

That is great news just a couple weeks ago I bought 3 blocks in lakelands. Total cost to build is 315k which includes stamps and interest payments. At rate things are going these should be worth 400k on completion. Very little under 370k at the moment.

[B][/B]
OK, enough said, going to be eating humble pie now:p

Won't be beach side, though there are land and house packages in Singleton low $300s, however smaller lots.

What I have found is do not underestimate the value of 'rear access', very popular, ie boat, caravan

What areas should you look for in mandurah or the bad areas to stay away from and what is minimum plot for r60
I have found a few just having a look around 800 bit more m2 for 300 350 k r60
What sort of land size should you look for
And the soroundimg areas like halls head and yunderup are they in the same boat

Maybe something like this don't now how to do proper link I'm on phone can I do it but put picture up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 115
I was thinking about renting Down in mandurah, because won't have a house once devoloping spearwood ,but if numbers add up might be good idea to buy ,and fix in a few years in interest rates only be about extra 100 then renting down there ,anyway would you guys think that would be a good idea.

Last edited:
That is great news just a couple weeks ago I bought 3 blocks in lakelands. Total cost to build is 315k which includes stamps and interest payments. At rate things are going these should be worth 400k on completion. Very little under 370k at the moment.

[B][/B]

Lakelands is good due to train right at the front and reasonable quality houses being built in the area.

What's the rent like??

Cheers
MTR

MTR, could you post up numbers? Interested to see how things stack up over there :)

Cheers
Oscar

Hi Oscar
OK, will do further research, but it will be next week at this rate, you realise its grand final tomorrow:p

Will also look at land and house packages as well

Stay tuned.

MTR:)

I was thinking about renting Down in mandurah, because won't have a house once devoloping spearwood ,but if numbers add up might be good idea to buy ,and fix in a few years in interest rates only be about extra 100 then renting down there ,anyway would you guys think that would be a good idea.

Just start researching the area and work through it, if you are living in the area may be easier to secure a site.

Maybe something like this don't now how to do proper link I'm on phone can I do it but put picture up

The first thing I would do is work out what is the better precinct for developments, ie easier to sell etc. What is it you need to build, then work out some rough figures so you know exactly what you need to source.

Once you get this right then network with at least 3-5 agents, make them work but make sure you give them a carrot at the same time.
Just need to ask the right questions, one step at a time.

Know living in spearwood
but once spearwood is devoloping need somewhere to live ,so thinking if its only 100 more a week to buy then rent, and numbers okay now might be better Idea to buy instead of rent and land bank need somewhere to live

The first thing I would do is work out what is the better precinct for developments, ie easier to sell etc. What is it you need to build, then work out some rough figures so you know exactly what you need to source.

Once you get this right then network with at least 3-5 agents, make them work but make sure you give them a carrot at the same time.
Just need to ask the right questions, one step at a time.

Was writing back before I seen this thanks for advice, yeah ill either have to rent or buy something ,when devoloping starts in spearwood .
Be back from overseas by the 30 miss grand final being in spearwood near freo would of been a good grand final day .
so be able to research bit better when get back better get to sleep its 215 in prague

Last edited:
been sayin' it for a few weeks now :)

Yes you have ;)
I still have my soft spot for Halls Head even though it doesn't have the train line. The closeness to the beach helps.
I don't find out until mid October if my 3 Halls Head tenders are successfull. 2 simple house and lands and one duplex.

Mandurah Prospects

Mandurah has been in a slump for some time now, but things are looking up since the city has kept growing, vacancy rates are down and interest rates make it more affordable to buy.
We just decided to push the button on stage 1 of a larger land development. House and land packages (31 Lots) near the train station and education campus. Expect pricing from about $320k http://www.centralparkmandurah.com.au/index.html

Mandurah has been in a slump for some time now, but things are looking up since the city has kept growing, vacancy rates are down and interest rates make it more affordable to buy.
We just decided to push the button on stage 1 of a larger land development. House and land packages (31 Lots) near the train station and education campus. Expect pricing from about $320k http://www.centralparkmandurah.com.au/index.html

what was there before (or now)?

Back