Mans Best Friend(s)

Dogs are an unfortunate creature to own because unlike children who turn into adults in their teen years, when a dog gets into his teens HE DIES OF OLD AGE.

This, sadly, is where my mate is now. Mast cell tumor is spreading and he may/may not reach Xmas. This will be the third dear friend I have taken for the final drive and will be the last. No more.

Maybe we spoil them too much and invite them too close.

Our movements have been massively reduced since our Grand daughter and this little bloke come along he is our fourth Kelpie, never a dull momment

Attachments

• cooter.jpg
    cooter.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 51
Dogs are an unfortunate creature to own because unlike children who turn into adults in their teen years, when a dog gets into his teens HE DIES OF OLD AGE.

This, sadly, is where my mate is now. Mast cell tumor is spreading and he may/may not reach Xmas. This will be the third dear friend I have taken for the final drive and will be the last. No more.

Sorry to hear he is sick Sunfish.
Should you decide to get another dog, maybe get an older rescue dog, that is not most people's "first choice"

We have rescued many cats from certain death at our apt buildings. We had one cat who was probably one year old when we found him. Scrawny and very hungry. We had him for 3 years before he died in his sleep (young for an indoor cat) We were sad, but we got comfort in knowing his last 3 years he was very loved.

Unfortunately we had to take our dog of 14 years to the vet today. It's been a very hard day and teary day for my wife (and me:eek:) who just doted on him.

He had been going down hill for nearly a year but the last month was the hardest with constant throwing up. Finally, this week he was not even able to hold down water. Overlay on this all the other old people type symptoms like dementia and Alzheimer, back legs wasting away and massive hearing loss.

We are very sad.

Unfortunately we had to take our dog of 14 years to the vet today. It's been a very hard day and teary day for my wife (and me:eek:) who just doted on him.

He had been going down hill for nearly a year but the last month was the hardest with constant throwing up. Finally, this week he was not even able to hold down water. Overlay on this all the other old people type symptoms like dementia and Alzheimer, back legs wasting away and massive hearing loss.

We are very sad.

Sorry to hear about your dog. So sad :(

I had a few tears when I read Sunfish's post the other day too. They really are family members.

Potty Lala Noo-noo Head Factor 5....or Spot if one must shorten the name.

15 y.o. female Jack Russell still going strong, although now deaf.

Has been the ultimate family dog for the kids whilst growing up.

I'll shed a tear or two when she finally departs. My only true friend.

We are very sad.

Yes, very sad too.
14 years is good though
Taking them to the vet is never easy. We've been lucky to have 2 pets die in their sleep, so we didn;t have to make that decision.

Back