Map session

I just booked in a map session with binvested. Has anyone else had a session with these guys. If so how was your experience.

I would like to learn from a successful investor who has done what I want to do. They some to find good deals for their clients which I don't have the experience to find as I'm only new to this. Isn't education the most important part of investing or is that just a myth

I would like to learn from a successful investor who has done what I want to do. They some to find good deals for their clients which I don't have the experience to find as I'm only new to this. Isn't education the most important part of investing or is that just a myth

What is a map session?

Who is Bin Vested?

BInvested have definitely had a lot of success. I've attended some of their seminars, talked with Nathan and worked with a few mutual clients.

Let's just say that their 'education' is somewhat different to what my perception as a broker of 10 years and a property investor of 15 years is. I know what they're doing, I understand the loopholes they are exploiting to get things done. Interestingly from some of the things they've said, I don't think they fully understand the loopholes they're exploiting.

They're very successful, they've got a formula that works for them. I question their educational component though, from my observation it's very narrow in the investment spectrum, focuses solely on a single strategy and even then there's elements to it that they're not aware of.

The MAP session is pretty much a one-fits-all strategy, not a real in depth fact find.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback Peter.
Mho it is a buyers agent company from Sydney how do map sessions for people who want to invest in property. They work through with you what your goals are and work to help you achieve those goals. They workout the situation you are in financially and see what strategy best suits the client

Perhaps the reason Binvested has been very successful is basically because they have been playing in the Sydney market and it has been booming for the last 3 years. Don't want to rain on their parade but its not rocket science, if you buy in a rising market you make money.

Yes, I also know they buy in other markets, but my point is buy in a rising market and you wont need a mentor and keep tabs on the successful investors on this forum it may save you some $

MTR:)

Thanks for the feedback Peter.
Mho it is a buyers agent company from Sydney how do map sessions for people who want to invest in property. They work through with you what your goals are and work to help you achieve those goals. They workout the situation you are in financially and see what strategy best suits the client

I'm very much aware of what they do and the various services they offer.

IMO they discuss goals (which for just about everyone is they want to achieve financial independence) and they have a single strategy to get there, which focus' on a single type of property to achieve the outcome.

They're not working out different strategies, alternatives and risk management. Instead they use their process to direct customers to a single strategy and a particular type of property, which their search engine produces.

This strategy certainly has merit and a lot of people employ it successfully, but they're definitely not working out the best strategy for each individual.

A friend of mine liked his facebook page and since then facebook seems to think that I need to like it too by advertising binvested everyday in my news feed.

Seems that every time Nathan does a deal somewhere he produces a small doco on it and then posts it on facebook. The comments that then flow from it are quite amusing .thing is the deals are always dressed up with the bought under value based on comparable sales speech etc etc so when people see the inflated figures they think that they are signing up to sure win

Some commentary that can be witnessed goes like

"Wow Nathan can't believe you can do that"
"Can't wait for my map session"
"Wow this is what I'm talking about "
" omg that yield is amazing "

You only have one chance as well to challenge the deal, because if they don't like what your saying then they can stop you commenting and Nathan's army of pilgrims will boo and hiss you off stage. also once facebook sees that you have shown an interest in binvested it will start to think that you want to be friends and then start to contaminate your "people that you may know suggestions " and the plague will then start to spread

Nathan's face has been deeply engrained into my psyche from the arduous torrture derived from my facebook addiction . How can I possibly update my status positively while having my eyes burnt by " deal of the year" "buying under market value"over and over and. over

So that has been my experience of late and before you start throwing tomatoes at me and beating me with your map sessions brochures know that I have great respect for many successful property messiahs, I just would prefer when I rise from my deep peaceful slumber every morn and when I open my fresh facebook page I only want to hear about my aunt mollies cat ms tuna pinky winkles day than Nathan's deal of the day

I'm not going to through tomatoes James. I can see where your coming from, he does repeat it a fair bit it's not bad to see it every once and awhile but not everyday.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Hey James, you should be able to block any pages you don't want to see on Facebook, they've beefed up privacy.

When I started, I went down that route too - MAP session and then used their buyer's agency for one deal.

In hindsight, you will learn alot more here.

Back