Reynella
Woodcroft
Campbelltown
Modbury

DANGERs of 2014

Stay out of Sydney market way overheated

Don't buy inner city Melbourne apartments far too much supply

Mining towns a big risk

There was some on her list for WA but I didn't write them down as WA was a bit of a risk for 2014 maybe someone can add the WA hotspots to this post,

The other states not mentioned not a good idea to invest.

As everyone knows Brisbane will be the next to increase re prices with its peak approximate 2016.

cheers Jo

Im assuming she means Kingston for QLD, unless there is a place called Kinston which I cant find,

I dont mind her predictions overall,

I agree with not buying in sydney, way too hot! if yo uget lucky you might get another 1/2-1/4 cycle growth

she also predicted in VIC latrobe valley, melton, ballarat and bendigo a few years ago,

considering they were warm to hot, they havent done much

Im assuming she means Kingston for QLD, unless there is a place called Kinston which I cant find,

I've heard Kingston being plugged as a hot spot for around 10 years now, but to me it seems to have only ever risen and fallen with the tide (except for townhouses, which seemed to crash hard in 2011/12). I lived in the area for a few years in the not so distant past and found the social problems of some folks living there quite daunting. Hopefully any improvement in values is driven by solving their problems and improving their lot in life rather than pushing them out to places like Eagleby and Beenleigh. :)

Wodonga - it's not even cheap

Morayfield - heap of developable land

Cranbourne- fringe suburb town lots of available land

Corio - suburbs full of ford and other manufacturing workers - plants closed!

Bit weird some of her selections

Although I like Lomas I stopped listening to these so called experts a while ago. Listening to Terry Ryder has done me no favours over the years...

Most of the time they just get their stats and figures and work out their hotspots from there without even going anywhere near the actual suburb itself.

Listing Reynella and Woodcroft is laughable. Woodcroft has one of the biggest schools in the state but most the houses are rooftop to rooftop on small blocks. There is still lots of spare land around. Put in Happy Valley and Aberfoyle Park, these suburbs where expensive back when I was a kid but now they are on the downside and the older suburbs around the beach and noarlunga are now all coming up.

Years ago an average house in these new suburbs Happy Valley, Aberfoyle and Woodcroft were all around $100-120k and the older suburbs - Morphett Vale, hackham, christies were all around $60k for an average house. Now check today if a house is worth almost double.

She would of picked Rockingham and Armadale for WA (she bought a house a few years back in armadale)

Wodonga - it's not even cheap

Morayfield - heap of developable land

Cranbourne- fringe suburb town lots of available land

Corio - suburbs full of ford and other manufacturing workers - plants closed!

Bit weird some of her selections

I agree I would not touch Cranbourne.

Interesting that two places named Seaford make it on the list.

I'm guessing that Seaford (SA) makes it because of the train extension.

Mentioning Seaford (Vic) is almost meaningless since it is such a diverse suburb. Locations within it range from good to mediocre.

Like Seaford (SA), some places in northern Brisbane also make it on the strength of train extensions (eg Kippa Ring). However when one looks at travel times (using some educated guesses) their travel times are still a bit long for the distance covered.

Perth's Joondalup and Mandurah lines are the gold standard in new railway construction. Lines in other cities may only be half as fast (they may just be extended older lines with many stations) and not offer as much travel time savings.

Some people on here (and Ryder, Lomas et al) have a cargo cult mentality when it comes to infrastructure (they think everything will be huge) and don't sufficiently examine whether the benefits are as big as stated (when we know that projects vary widely in benefit and quality).

one day someone is going to be able to say . I SAID Frankston north will go well :D:D:D.

It is cheap and close to the bay .

In Sydney , Narraweena , Dee Why and Manly Vale were dodgy areas but are moving up now.

Cliff

Maybe

But it's the wrong side of the freeway abd it's still 40ks from CBD

What's closest comparison? Manly vale?
I don't think Melbournes at that stage yet, Sydney is streets ahead of the other cities. They have almost exhausted their land due to natural boundaries

Back