Margaret Lomas 2014 Hotspot list

to frankston...........?

probably Woy woy or another central coast burb

ta
rolf

Quite possibly .... :D

But lower central coast has already started moving strongly .

I'm not pushing Frankston at all , just pointing out that at some stage some one will be able to say they were right. However in 1-2 years if it still hasn't moved , I will look at it .

Cliff

to frankston...........?

probably Woy woy or another central coast burb

ta
rolf

I'm not pushing Frankston at all , just pointing out that at some stage some one will be able to say they were right. However in 1-2 years if it still hasn't moved , I will look at it .

0-2.5% last few years - better longer term. A lot will look closer to City.

That's exactly the reason why I would look at it . But I'd also look at a couple of other outer suburbs which I haven't seen mentioned since the last boom ....

Cliff

To be fair, there are communities of many new Australian families in the Cranbourne / Narre / Casey area. You can still get a huge brand new house and land for $350k and still get to work in the city in an hour.

Might not seem flash to us but to the rest of the world it's safe, clean, etc.

To be fair, there are communities of many new Australian families in the Cranbourne / Narre / Casey area. You can still get a huge brand new house and land for $350k and still get to work in the city in an hour.

Might not seem flash to us but to the rest of the world it's safe, clean, etc.

There's nothing wrong with the suburbs she's mentioned, I just don't see why they are on a 'hotlist'. As you say, that entire region is a good place to live, why did she pick Cranbourne over all the others?

From what she says in this little snippet shows a little of how she's thinking on this years "hotlist".
http://spionline.com.au/home/12741-property-guru-to-reveal-top-investment-suburbs

Quote:
What's different about these hotspots is that, rather than being an obvious area that is being written about and where buyers abound, my hotspots are carefully-chosen potential areas that show future growth drivers and which investors can be sure won't have buying frenzy.

What those growth drivers actually might be is the question.

I do know the Centro is doubling in size at the moment - and that the council is pushing the devlopment of the town centre (most councils are anyway), but perhaps it's more a gamble on that nearby 3rd airport or future Port Of Hastings?

That's exactly the reason why I would look at it . But I'd also look at a couple of other outer suburbs which I haven't seen mentioned since the last boom ....

Cliff

Anything known about Epping in terms of future growth or infrastructure. Is the/a new fruit market there? I assume Corio would be due to the low entry point again.

Gosford?? It's been hot for ages. Surely these 'experts' should be able to predict a hotspot before its hot. It's not rocket science after all. Cheers, Ali

Gosford?? It's been hot for ages. Surely these 'experts' should be able to predict a hotspot before its hot. It's not rocket science after all. Cheers, Ali
Agree that 'experts' should be able to predict a hotspot... but I think it is as hard as rocket science.

hi Everyone,
I've dug up some old notes from Margaret's past seminars for comparison and general interest.

There were a few more but these are the ones I wrote down at the time.

Lomas hot spots 2013:
NSW
Greystanes, Seven hills, Penrith, Blacktown, Toowoomba.

QLD
Logan central

WA
Rockingham

SA
Hunterfield Heights

Warm Spots 2013:

Gosdford, Wodonga, Shepparton, Albury,

WA
Kwinana, Merriwa, Yanchep

VIC
Moorabool, Sunbury

Cold Spots 2013:

Anna Bay, Byron Bay, Harvey Bay, Bondi, Proserpine, Innisfail, Broken hill.

hope this is useful

cheers

Margaret's 2012 Hot spots::

NSW
Hunter Valley, Braxton, Singleton, Cessnock

QLD
Toowoomba, Gladstone, Townsville(north), Rockhampton, Mackay

VIC
Shepparton, Ballarat, Bendigo, Morwell

SA
Seaford, Port Noarlunga, Port Adelaide, Elizabeth, Mitchell Park, Hackan, Hunterfield Heights

WA
Rockingham, Armadale, Westminster

NT
Parap, Stuart Park

Also worth noting that some of the "warm" spots from 2012 made it onto the "hot" list in 2013.

cheers

Back