Margaret Lomas on Brisbane

from a recent destiny newsletter promoting her latest seminar:

I believe that Brisbane is showing exactly the same signs that Sydney's Western Suburbs showed three years ago - a market on the verge. The QLD economy is once again in growth phase and this should resonate through all of QLD, nowhere more than Brisbane itself. It's time for you to start looking there now, don't wait, as if you do you will most definitely be wishing you had paid attention now!

Exciting times ahead!

Is she talking about Inner City Brisbane? Ie. bowen hills, southbank, bulimba, kanga point? Salisbury

Ippswich, Redlands?

Or just Brisbane in general.

I know theres a lot of council and gov input into urban renewal for brisbane CBD or Bowenhills/Fort Valley Area. But theres also like 3000 apartments being built too - lots of those real estates are flogging those sales. Good buy?

Or am I looking for land/dev deals in Brisbane?

Is she talking about Inner City Brisbane? Ie. bowen hills, southbank, bulimba, kanga point? Salisbury

Ippswich, Redlands?

I know theres a lot of council and gov input into urban renewal for brisbane CBD or Bowenhills/Fort Valley Area. But theres also like 3000 apartments being built too - lots of those real estates are flogging those sales. Good buy?

i suppose she will answer that in her seminar lol

Ippswich, Redlands?

I think its safe to say within 10km radius of the CBD

from a recent destiny newsletter promoting her latest seminar:

I believe that Brisbane is showing exactly the same signs that Sydney's Western Suburbs showed three years ago - a market on the verge. The QLD economy is once again in growth phase and this should resonate through all of QLD, nowhere more than Brisbane itself. It's time for you to start looking there now, don't wait, as if you do you will most definitely be wishing you had paid attention now!

Exciting times ahead!

My guess is SE QLD, as still cheap as chips and also high yields. Her strategy is chasing growth but also properties with higher yields.

Inner Brissy, I think will be negatively geared, better yield if units.

She seems to locate the hot spots and from some of her older picks many were in regional centres.

Cheers
MTR

We could do one together , but you did beat me by six months ... Sniff ... Sniff

But we'd have to base it down in the manly / wynnum area ......

Cliff

Yeah I still think about a house in manly that was on the market about 12 - 15 months ago. 3 bedroom house with limited work needed, less than 500m to waterfront and about 800sqm

It was listed at 425k I think

Pretty sure it would list at least 650 Tommorrow

....It's time for you to start looking there now, don't wait...[/I]

I have bought... many years ago and seen no growth :D. Everyone is talking and knowing about Brisbane and surroundings now, I just hope it materialises !

Exciting times ahead!

Margaret would be looking at returns as well...she is probably refering to the outer suburbs...

agree, her investing style

My guess is SE QLD, as still cheap as chips and also high yields. Her strategy is chasing growth but also properties with higher yields.

Inner Brissy, I think will be negatively geared, better yield if units.

She seems to locate the hot spots and from some of her older picks many were in regional centres.

Cheers
MTR

I agree, yields still juicy in SE queensland. Lots of infrastructure done in the past few years. we'll see..

Brisbane

Everyone has been banging on about Brisbane, and I'm surprised she is only just mentioning it. It's moving quickly, so if you're looking to get in you wouldn't want to be dilly-dallying around!

Have a look at the Brissie heat maps via Domain.com to get a picture.

Cheers

Jen

Everyone has been banging on about Brisbane, and I'm surprised she is only just mentioning it. It's moving quickly, so if you're looking to get in you wouldn't want to be dilly-dallying around!

Cheers

Jen

Don't think she's just mentioning it now, I haven't watched any of her programs in a while but do recall watching one around 6-9months ago and she was talking about logan area then.

I'm surprised she is only just mentioning it.
This is what she said in last two Property Expos (Sydney).

July 2013 QLD
- Logan Shire, Toowoomba

July 2012 QLD
- Houses in Brisbane suburbs to grow 2%, cbd flat
- Apartments fall up to 10% due to oversupply which is not diminishing.
- Regional areas with mining influence growth 8-10%
- Toowoomba

Cheers

Jen

I agree that it is moving quickly. Nearly everything around me on the northside (eg Aspley, Zillmere, Chermside, Kedron) is selling within days of listing.

Brisbane

Fully agree though Margaret for some reason tends to promote areas like Logan city or Ipswich. If you are looking for great growth then look to suburbs no more than 12km from the CBD

Yesterday night I went to one of Destiny's meeting/seminar though an invitation from a friend who paid for the course.

They presented two areas where they think has high potential with full on research to backup. Then there was a tax lady (from Ban Tac or something) talking about few tax points. I thought both were excellent.

I wouldn't pay 6K on them but I can see the value for time poor 'idle' people! I can do a bit of research but nowhere near the extend they presented.

:confused:
Yesterday night I went to one of Destiny's meeting/seminar though an invitation from a friend who paid for the course.

They presented two areas where they think has high potential with full on research to backup. Then there was a tax lady (from Ban Tac or something) talking about few tax points. I thought both were excellent.

I wouldn't pay 6K on them but I can see the value for time poor 'idle' people! I can do a bit of research but nowhere near the extend they presented.

Can you share the two areas?

Back