Margaret Lomas

As I have read both her books {including many, many other books by other Authors} Has any-one else read these two books?? And gone one step further, investing with her Company?/
Any advice will be most welcome Thanks !!!

Chris,

Noone is ever a nuisance.

If someone has asked a question before, and people recogniose it, we'll suggest you look at the archive. That does not mean that you should not ask.

If, having looked at the archive, if you haven't found all your answers, please ask more.

The archive I pointed you at had details of one book- you've mentioned two.

Was the second book covered in your question? Are there questions, now that you've read posts in the past, that you would still ike to ask?

Would you like to provide your own review of her books?

Please, my response was only a starting point. We'de love to get some more feedback,

Geoff, thanks for the inspiration to 'reply'...
I have read many other authors, mainly relating to "property" some on 'Shares' and spent umtine hrs browesing the net. down-loading volumes off the net also... including a little seminar or two.
In saying that , Yes I have one (1) ip, hopefully more to come...
After reading Margaret,s books , They are { in my opinion only} rated in the highest of levels of "logic thinking".
Reasons being , a very common sense approach with very little 'risk' to be had, as long as you set your goals and stick to them. As others have said, and I agree , "as long as you do something and not nothing" and you are comfortable in your decisions , investing will come second nature.
One senario I would like to through up is... If an investor bought ip,s of only $100k or near to ... Paid them off on the 'wheel of five' basis . Would it not be safer , than straight out interest only ip,s. This way you collect more $ earlier.??
Geoff, If possible I would like to e-mail you privately.
Once again Thanks !!!!!

P.S I left this message short , so I would not bore your other readers on the forum.. By the way FANTASTIC Forum and info....

Chris,

I prefer not to deal with private emails. If you have questions, they will probably be questions that other people have. If someone finds the forum in five months time, there is a fantastic resource for them to learn from all the questions people ask. That's why I like to be here. People ask, people give wisdom, and that wisdom (or otherwise) is here to research. It's much better to ask public questions.

Not sure about the wheel of five.

There is a debate about Cap growth vs Cashflow positive. I've got 4 IPs, with some balance.

I'd be looking at a balance. A nice income, in a country town, may mean little growth- but cashflow.

But a negatively geared property may show great growth (do the research first).

Just some thoughts.

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum!

Just some thoughts:
Usually investors who use IO loans do so to maximise their cashflow, as the repayments are lower than normal P and I loans. There are a number of reasons to do this, however the main one being so that you have more cash available to buy more property!
I would only advocate using IO loans on props that have good consistent cap growth, as the growth more than makes up for the fact that the principal is not being paid down. In the meantime, by not tying all of my cash up I am then able to go and purchase another high cg property with another IO loan.
To balance this, however, I purchase positive cashflow regional places (in the low $100K's range) and take out P and I loans on them, as I cannot rely on cg, as it can be almost non existent. I then have the option of paying those loans down faster if I channel all the rent into them. In 8 yrs time, they should be paid off and the incoming rent will be all income.
With the high growth place, however, though the principal hasn't been touched, the property may have doubled in value in 8 yrs time and so I have a fat chunk of equity just waiting to be used! My original loan may have been $200K (on a $200K place to keep it simple) but the property is now worth $400K, $200K of which I still owe.
If I did this with a poor performing country place, however, that cost me the same but was only now worth $220K then my profit would be very poor.
IO loans have their place and need to be utilized wisely. There are also many people who are uncomfortable with the idea of having this type of debt, so you need to work out what exactly you want to have that SAN factor (sleep at night).
Sorry for the ramblings :)

Back