Market Assumptions: Optimism vs Pessimism

Just another read I have found interesting, it's from Robert L Leahy Ph.D (Clinical Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry Weill-Cornell Medical School and Director of American Institute For Cognitive Therapy in New York City).

Article is titled:

How an Optimist Sees Opportunity in the Current Market

http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/bl...timist-sees-opportunity-in-the-current-market

He writes about the mind of an optimist, growth orientation, and how they perceive their current and future standings..

I know I am an optimist, not just with my finances, investments...life in general, but I do believe that goes hand in hand with a fair bit of determination, lateral thinking....not only, "this will work", but "how I will make it work".

It does not mean I do not think rationally, that seems to go with the gut instinct, it surprises me sometimes, where it comes from and how well it is thought out and how quick it bubbles up..

I am fascinated by the personalities we have and how we approach/react in our lives, (especially the investing part), and the role that plays.

With the world in it's economic turbulence at the moment, I've got to say the fascination is heightened, just at the behaviour and responses and attitudes.

NB: That does not mean I don't have great empathy for what folk and countries are going through-but it is a great learning opportunity about people/stuff.

Back