market near the top

You make a good point Cam. It could also be Melbourne too as the original poster is in Melbourne.

Have townhouses on the market at the moment in Melb and my agent has confirmed that he has had many phone calls from Syd investors who are looking to buy in Melb, I think it has something to do with the price;) Cheap as chips compared to Syd

What's the median in Syd.. around $920K, what's the median in Melb around $660K...

MTR:)

Certainly overhearing a lot of conversations about property.

People talk about whatever the media are huffing about.

I think there will be a lot more talk as Sydney approaches, then surpasses the $1mil median as measured by each of the major data providers.

Not to mention the media frenzy if rates drop again which, if it happens, will probably be right around that magic median milestone..

No comment :D

CHbgdWHUAAIc2Fe.png:large

Have you been to any opens in Adelaide recently Hobo?
Are you still considering buying there or are you waiting for the end of the car industry as your entry point?

Have you been to any opens in Adelaide recently Hobo?
Are you still considering buying there or are you waiting for the end of the car industry as your entry point?
Have been to a few. One property came up recently, would have put in an offer, but sold the day before I was able to get there for an inspection. I am not in a rush, but starting to actively look. Holdens is already laying off staff, unemployment rate is already fairly high in SA, it will probably get worse, but I'd be surprised if I haven't bought (at least once) before the "end of the car industry" (2017).

any words with Brisbane/Adelaide tax drivers talking property?

They are also probably putting in a (shorter term) growth peak, but I think it will be less significant than in Melbourne/Sydney... i.e. once Sydney peak is in it will probably be another 5+ years before further nominal growth (like the 2003 peak or worse).

CHbmCpmUkAA-nsM.png

I think Glen Waverly is already at 11pm....I was referring to all the cheap Melbourne suburbs that Melbournites like to bag....Wydnham Vale...Werribee...Melton South...Frankston North...Broadmeadows...etc...etc.

Best time to buy in glen waverly:)

Sydney has passed the top....the people buying now will regret.

Melbourne inner is at 12....middle is at 11...but outer is still at 8-9 o'clock.

Would argue inner is 11, middle east is 12:30am, right at the peak. Outer east also at 12:30am. North is 8-9. West is 10-11.

Back