Market valuation for non-resident CGT

I will be selling a house in the Maitland area NSW. Since I am a non-resident for tax purposes, I need to get a couple of market valuations for the property as at 8th May 2012 (when the Budget removed discount on CGT for non-residents).

Should I just get a few RE agents (including the selling agent) to provide me market values for the property as at the above date? I have selected 3 RE agents for the pre-sale pitch - so I will ask them. Or, should I get a qualified valuer to provide me the market value? Some recommendations, please. However, I am aware that the value from the valuer will differ from RE agents.

Thanks in advance.

I will be selling a house in the Maitland area NSW. Since I am a non-resident for tax purposes, I need to get a couple of market valuations for the property as at 8th May 2012 (when the Budget removed discount on CGT for non-residents).

If you don't want to run the gauntlet of REAs for now, I can email you a software generated market worth report for your property as at any date in the past (and you only want to go back 2+ years, so that should be a snap). Just PM me the address details and I'll get it turned around and back to you within 24 hrs babushka.

Subdivision 960-S of ITAA97 doesn't require a formal valuation by a valuer etc.

Despite this, it would be good to rely on third party value evidence at that time (May 2012) to address any concern the Commissioner could raise. You don't need multiples. Depending on the numbers Props report may be sufficient (esp if its same as selling price before selling costs)

If you don't want to run the gauntlet of REAs for now, I can email you a software generated market worth report for your property as at any date in the past (and you only want to go back 2+ years, so that should be a snap). Just PM me the address details and I'll get it turned around and back to you within 24 hrs babushka.

Thanks, Propertunity, for your offer. I have sent you a PM with the house address.

Back