Masters or Bunnings?

I use Bunnings for materials/tools, and separate kitchen suppliers, tile company etc. Better quality and value this way.

Bunnings are great for getting a cheap reliableish hammer, gyprock etc, but it's the little things they gouge you with.

Is there a masters in adelaide?

If you have an ABN, you can open a free corporate account at bunnings and get 10% off all purchases :)

So bunnings for me :rolleyes:

Is this a serious question?

The majority of masters kitchen, sanitary items and fittings on their kitchens and bathroom products is supplied by Haefele. Including alot of their sinks, tap wear, all their hinges etc

A german company that you will find in most top end cabinet makers in this country.

Bunnings, is for the most part, absolute chinese crap..........

I use Bunnings, very very rarely for the odd thing that may be slightly cheaper. Certainly never for any materials and definitely wouldn't touch their kitchens with a 20 foot pole.

I use Masters sometimes, they are an option for some of their fittings, sinks, appliances etc, because they are actually reasonable quality.

Ok so I made my husband go check out Bunnings and Masters for prices on things for his business (lawn/garden maintenance) and he found Bunnings was cheaper. It was a quick check, took pictures of prices, went across the road and boom done.

Anyway thanks Mick C now i know he can get a discount too. DOH. 3 years too late.

When I'm down in Canberra, Masters hands down - I've learnt so much from those ex-tradies there on how to do a job properly.

Back in Sydney, meh I just don't care...the Masters there is just as bad as the local Bunnings.

I have to do a proper thread but in the meantime:
- Kitchen/stove/oven $400 from gumtree (used)
- Benches $1,000 from Proform (new)
- Tiles $10 sqm from a tile warehouse (new)
- Rangehood (blanco) $170 from gumtree (used)
- Flue cover $30) from gumtree (new)
- Sink (blanco) $50 from gumtree (new)
- wall paint free from shed (new)
- white semi-gloss oil $39.90 from Masters (new) added to the free paint for a lighter colour
- trim paint $12 (tinting only) from Bunnings.
Not all of that is in the photo but that's pretty much the kitchen done.

beautiful congrats!!!!!!!

If you have an ABN, you can open a free corporate account at bunnings and get 10% off all purchases :)

really? i got a trade account and its 5% off most things

also, can anyone tell me what masters prices are?

today from bunnings I bought some ceiling paint, $29 for 6L
and
Tradex wall paint, 15l for $110

feela bit stupid after spending half a day shopping around at competitors and ordering on the last batch wall paint for 15l for $120 and ceiling paint for 100 for 15L

normalyl Ive avoided bunnings paints because I assumed they were expensive

but I might be ordering more in the future, not sure if I get another 5% off those prices though

In Perth, Masters is way cheaper than Bunnings (for a lot of things) and has a much better range. I just renoed my rental and drove to my nearest masters 5 or 6 times, even though they are half and hour away. I used a specialty kitchen co for the kitchen though and a tile warehouse for the tiles. Tiles look ok for $10 per sqm.

$10/sqm, unreal!!! Were they discontinued or something? Last time I bought tiles I was getting $20/sqm at best

$10/sqm, unreal!!! Were they discontinued or something? Last time I bought tiles I was getting $20/sqm at best
They were a "misprint". They are imported Italian tiles destined for a high end tile shop. The owner felt that they didn't meet specs so negotiated to buy them for a discount and sold them through the firms discount tile outlet. I didn't see the originals but these were perfect for me... and my low end rental has high end imported Italian tiles! :D

I use the bunnings bellaza ones for about $9.80 per sqm ,

dont look anything italain,but look pretty good in my eyes,

comes in 2-3 colours

If a masters opens up next to me I will be buying from them with absolutely no hesitation.

Bunnings staff give the worst service I've ever experienced.

Here's an average example: I want some door sills, I see on the bunnings website that they have door sills. I ring up the bunnings in acacia ridge to see if they are in stock. They don't answer. I try 6 more times over the next 2 hours and finally I get through, they transfer me through to the timber yard... but the transfer doesn't go through and rings out. I then say "screw it' and drive down to the store. They don't have them in stock. So I ring the next closest store in oxley. I get transfered through to the timber yard. The guy says he is on the forklift and can't get down to look, he says he will transfer me through to someone else, the call never transfers and rings out. So I say "screw it" and drive to oxley. When I get there the guy on the forklift is 10m away from the window sills chatting up some young girl with the other male employee by his side. Luckily the window sills in stock.

And that's not a once off, I've experienced similar every single time I've gone to bunnings. I've had one staff member speed up and walk away from me when I called out to them for some help..... grrrr anyway I have about a million stories about crap service from bunnings so I better stop myself now. But if I had any other similar priced alternative I would be going there in a heartbeat. I hope masters builds a store near me soon and then bunnings and all it's staff can go burn in hell for all I care.

Competition certainly improves prices and service. The local Bunnings smartened up just before local Masters opened. The day fast Ed and the carpenter guy from Better Homes n Gardens were in-store at Bunnings, all the front door welcome girls were replaced with glams for the day, it was like rock stars visiting. Masters seem to have good prices on bathroom, vanities etc. Sound advice is hard to get at either store except the secure tool section. Bunnings Powerpass card is useless and promises to fix it never eventuated.
Cheers
crest133

When I'm down in Canberra, Masters hands down - I've learnt so much from those ex-tradies there on how to do a job properly.

Back in Sydney, meh I just don't care...the Masters there is just as bad as the local Bunnings.

Big new Mitre 10 in Hume - used to be Ern Smith Building supplies which has been in business since the 60s. Id hazzard a guess that these guys would have miles more experience than either Bunnings or Masters.

Big new Mitre 10 in Hume - used to be Ern Smith Building supplies which has been in business since the 60s. Id hazzard a guess that these guys would have miles more experience than either Bunnings or Masters.

Drove past there a couple of times, quite hidden from the road if it wasn't those signs on a trailer. Will go have a squeeze after work -- thanks :)

Read the fine print very carefully when you apply for any credit at Bunnings. Last time I went to apply, I read when you sign, you offer a personal guarantee and residential property as security.

I didn't end up applying.

pinkboy

Read the fine print very carefully when you apply for any credit at Bunnings. Last time I went to apply, I read when you sign, you offer a personal guarantee and residential property as security.

I didn't end up applying.

pinkboy

You can get a powerpass without credit. It's not 10% off all purchases but there are some discounts. Small discounts over 2 or 3 k add up.

Hi,

I was going to post this in another thread I saw about a similar topic, but thought it best I add to mine here, rather than hi-jacking someone elses.

I've just spent the weekend comparing Masters, Bunnings and Ikea kitchens. Here's what I found out (for what it's worth). NB: When I refer cabinets I mean with doors, hinges, knobs. It's a u-shaped kitchen approx 3.3 x 2.3 in an old house.

Bunnings - $2781 for cabinets and bench top
Masters - $3249 plus the cost of bench top.
Ikea - $2632 for cabinets and benchtop.

Now this is where it really gets interesting. At the moment (until this Sunday) Ikea have a deal where if you buy appliances through them you get a discount on the whole kitchen. So working on their base price of $2362 if you add rangehood, oven, cooktop the total will be $3430. (total of $4288 x 20% discount.) - You're effectively getting $1656 worth of appliances for $857. A quck calc shows that using the same prices for the appliances, the cost for Bunnings would be $4078 inc rangehood, oven, cooktop ($648 dearer than Ikea.)

However, a few cons for Ikea.
1. Appliances look pretty cheap and nasty.
2. I really want the door colours to be a bright white but in the style I like they only have antique white which is quite cream. Not sure what it will look like with white tiled splashback and grey walls???
3. While the kitchen's layout is similar amongst the 3 stores, the Ikea one seems to have a number of different sized cabinets to fit the space and I worry this may look odd. Is this something worth considering?

The great thing about Ikea is that you can drive home with it the day you order and not wait for weeks, unlike the other 2, and it seems to be the cheapest once appliances are added, if purchased this week!

I think Masters is too dear for what I'm after, which leaves Bunnings and Ikea to chose from.

Thoughts???

Back