Matusik Presentation Ipswich

Thanks for the link. Its promoted by someone selling Ipswich properties so i'd take the analysis as a one sided marketing piece, rather than quality research.

Useful nonetheless.

I'm not so sure about the Parramatta comparison. Parramatta is like the 'centre' of Sydney. The centre of Brisbane is not Ipswich (a quick look at a map of Sydney and a map of Brisbane will show this). The map view they pick is quite ambitious.

As an area though, I can understand why its on many peoples hotlist. Just do a thorough flood map search. :)

Some people seem to have great difficulty with acknowledging that the Ipswich region can actually achieve future growth. So be it, but I looked at comparable property prices in the area of my IP's yesterday for the first time in 12 months.

What I found pleasantly surprised me. It showed that the property we paid $228k for in 2007 seems to be worth around $250k to $260k. Not a huge amount I grant you, but considering the area got slaughtered after the GFC and floods that's not a bad recovery.

The second property, ... a 4,4,2 new built as part of a dual occupancy development in 2012 has not moved much in price, but I believe that when the 3 bed sale prices start to make the price difference minimal then they will start to increase through price pressure as well.

Even if Matusik is only half right I'll accept that as any growth is very welcome after so many years of negative to flat growth over the past 5-6 years.

Mystery

PS ... Thanks for posting Coota9

I found that presentation fairly meaningless...it's just marketing guff.

Having said that, I've seen very good growth in CG and rental yield on my Ipswich IP since 2012 - CG up 18% and yield has gone from 6.45% to 7.65%. Now if I add a third bedroom, I will see some real CG!

Back