MBs buying leads

A quick question to the MBs in here...

Have you ever paid for leads? If so, what did you pay, and what guarantees or expectancy did you have on converting the leads to borrowers?

Much appreciated

Hugh

Hiya

I have been through the leads thing for my new people.

Varies hugely. An internet lead for 40 bucks will generally require 20 or so to get one settled "now" and another on maybe 6 mths,and another in 12 to 18 mths.

A well qualified lead will cost 200 to 300 and will usually have a 50 % or better success rate IF you know your stuff, can form a relationship etc.

No amount nor quality of paid leads will compensate for poor preparation and sales skills.

ta
rolf

Totally agree with Rolf would personally never pay a cent for a lead.

If you dont know what you are doing from day 1 then it wont matter whether the client is desparate to sign up the deal will not go through.

Of course paying for a lead and buying the odd bottle of scotch to say TY to an Accountant referrer are miles apart.

I've paid for bulk leads when I first started up and will never do it again. Many of the lead generators don't even let the enquirers know that a broker will contact them when they start the inquiry, they're often completely unqualified.

The waste of money is bad, the waste of time cold calling is even worse. I'll take one direct referral over 100 internet leads any day.

I'm not adverse to paying a professional referrer and did the occasional commission split when I started up, but I've generally found that I generate more referrals to other professionals than what the give to me.

I once heard that when you've got 200 people on your database you'll never have to do direct marketing again (as an individual). I didn't really understand what that meant until I did have 200 people on my database.

Last edited:
Never bought leads. Always tried to give refering clients a gift basket or movie tickets etc. Most franchisors that supply leads are in effect buying leads, through marketing campaigns etc, paid for by the franchisee.

Yea purchased some leads in the first month of starting, did not really work out.

Now we get inbound call's as a result of head office advertising and so the experience is much different.

Alex

Back