meadowbank or rhodes?

im thinking of buying a unit at meadowbank - the apartments at bay drive, angus street or bowden st...anyone know the units or area??

also is it true that rhodes has absetos in the soil and not safe?

im thinking of buying a unit at meadowbank - the apartments at bay drive, angus street or bowden st...anyone know the units or area??

also is it true that rhodes has absetos in the soil and not safe?

Rhodes has more a history of high level contam of various sort ( eg Union Carbide stuff).......Asbestos would be the least of the concerns.

I am sure the enviro work done on the site was very extensive with some very large volumes of material remediated.

Mudbank older style units have always been ok bread and butter stuff..

ta
rolf

I am also interested in the 2 suburbs for investments in 2br unit. New part of Meadowbank..Shepherds Bay. Prices seem ok, however strata seems quite high. Anyone have any opinion on value for money, capital growth etc. Also may want to live there one day, any opinions on what suburb is "nicer" so to speak. Any thoughts appreciated

ok, here's my 2 cents as I've been monitoring those two suburbs in the past 4 months.

seems to me that Rhodes is already expensive due to the new apartment complex is mainly owned by Chinese and Korean investor drives up the price. The 1 bedroom studio at ground floor Sanctum apartment cost you $600k waterfront. This suburbs is also featured as risky in YIP magazines July edition.

meanwhile MEADOWBANK is now quite good area since the old factories is closed down already.
Bank Street, Meadow Crescent is good bargain nowadays. the Korean community is planning to build community hall in Meadowbank.

Transportation is very good: Ferry, Buses and Trains goes through MEADOWBANK

between Rhodes and Meadowbank I heard that there will be a plan to build a bridge from homebush.

hope that helps.

The new ones in Meadowbank are pretty pricey but there are quite a few for sale discounted. I guess people got caught up in the OTP hype and now want to get out. So you may get a decent price.
In the old section Meadows Rd is good. Banks street is cheaper as it's on the train line.
The great thing about Meadowbank is the ability to get to the city by either train, bus or rivercat.
I have a unit there that has had decent growth in the last 5 years. There is never a shortage of buyers or renters. I plan to sell this one next year to pay down some debt.

The new ones in Meadowbank are pretty pricey but there are quite a few for sale discounted. I guess people got caught up in the OTP hype and now want to get out. So you may get a decent price.
In the old section Meadows Rd is good. Banks street is cheaper as it's on the train line.
The great thing about Meadowbank is the ability to get to the city by either train, bus or rivercat.
I have a unit there that has had decent growth in the last 5 years. There is never a shortage of buyers or renters. I plan to sell this one next year to pay down some debt.

Yes generally the 2 bedders is 30 yrs old+ and some got a quite bargain price at $362.500 or under $400k for Bank St.

The environment and lifestyle in Meadowbank area is excellent. I was living there for 6 months few years back, really like the quiet and relaxable life style. I love to go cycling or jogging in the morning on weekend around the wharf and bush. Transport to city is great, shopping in Top Ryde is only 5 mins drive, grocery shopping at Meadowbank Aldi and Franklins etc. One of the great area i have lived.

For investment side, I have an IP in the newer side of the Meadowbank for around 3 years now. Pros: I have 0% vacancy rate since I bought it, rental rise approx. 5% yearly, no maintenance cost up to date (touch wood..).
Cons: I have only seen min. CG over the last 3 years, I guess around 10% gain to date. rental yield is not excited too, currently less than 6% gross.

Hope this help. By the way, i did considered Rhodes years ago, but the entry price is too expansive... for me.

cheers.

Back