Melb Commercial Property Prices...what's happening...?

Hello Everyone,

It's been some time since i visited this forum. The last time i was on here with any questions or input was a couple of years ago. At the time i was looking to buy an apartment to live in, but the prices just kept getting out of my reach with every month it seemed. So i let it all go for many reasons including that i I felt prices could't go up much more - i felt like the market was reaching a peak. Meanwhile i've just been working hard and saving all i can.

Now 2 years on i've decided to try and skip the idea of buying an apartment to live in and move onto what was my longer term goal of buying a retail shop with a dwelling - live in the dwelling while renting out the shop. I want to do this somewhere in the inner suburbs of melbourne. Later i want to set up my own business in the shop.

Anyway, getting onto my question...what do people think about what is going on in the commercial market? Have prices steadied and say dropped a bit as is the general overview in the residential market? Does the commercial market follow the same trends as the residential?

I have looked at some of these properties over the past few months but didn't look at them a few years back. It's probably a bit more difficult to notice a trend in commercial because there are more variables and less properties. What do people think..?

Look forward to your input.

Thanks, Novski

Back