melbourne areas

Hi we are thinking of purchasing a investment property in melbourne,worldwidegroup have advised us to purchase in either langwarrin or pakenham,could anyone give us feed back on this group and these areas
thanks dessy

better opportunities out there

Hi we are thinking of purchasing a investment property in melbourne,worldwidegroup have advised us to purchase in either langwarrin or pakenham,could anyone give us feed back on this group and these areas
thanks dessy

If u want to buy outer SE suburb, would recommend Frankston area as number one choice, followed by Berwick, Narre Warren, and Cranbourne. An older house that is close to train station and shopping facilities is much better than a brand new house and land package, as I suspect this property group is trying to lure you into. Hallam and Endeavour Hills are also worth looking into

Let me guess; worldwide group have new properties for sale with a rental guarantee, and great depreciation benefits?

Theres so many H&L packages at Packenham now advertised on re.com.au.
It used to be one of my consideration areas but I'm kinda wary of it now.

I can think of absolutely no fundamental reason to choose either of those areas. There may be good individual investments in either, but as general areas I would think they would be near the bottom of my list. I suggest you get some good explanations as to why they are recommending them, it is quite likely because they have contracts to market off the plan properties those areas.

Regards
Alistair

I can think of absolutely no fundamental reason to choose either of those areas. There may be good individual investments in either, but as general areas I would think they would be near the bottom of my list. I suggest you get some good explanations as to why they are recommending them, it is quite likely because they have contracts to market off the plan properties those areas.

Regards
Alistair

I've been to one of the similar seminars, and from memory their sales pitch was "South East Corridor is the best place to invest due to East Link, other developing infrastructures and population growth, blah blah blah"

Stuff like this no doubt:

• Potential capital appreciation is best measured by indicators including rental growth, population growth, underlying demand, and supply side construction activity:

1. A home in MacKellar street Pakenham, a detached, previously occupied dwelling with a 731 m2 block of land sold for $1,560,000 in November 2006.

2. The population of Pakenham in 2006 was estimated to be 20,785. By 2011, the population is expected to rise to 31,035 residents, which is an increase of 49% over the period. The number of households is also expected to increase by 49% in 5 years from 7,348 in 2006 to 10,988 in 2011.

3. The largest road infrastructure project in Australia is being undertaken in the South Eastern Corridor. Called ‘Eastlink’, this project is expected to be completed by late 2008.

4. As well, a $245 million bypass in Pakenham is expected to be completed by the end of 2007. This road has been designated a “road of national importance”.

5.Nestle, Victorian Livestock Exchange, G & K O'Connor Pty Ltd (Export Abattoirs) amongst others,have recently set up operations in Pakenham. In March 2006, approval was received for the construction of a $23 million hotel.

I have purchased here opposite the rowing lake , 3 storey executive townhouse because I believe in the research! $5,000 deposit nothing else to pay until completion around the middle of next year. We can compare notes then.

Sparky

thanks dessy

I am going to go out on a limb here :) If you can afford it, I have a feeling those 2.5 acre properties in Langwarrin will at some stage be worth a mint should council subdivision laws change (or even if they didn't, simply for the land content).... however, they might hit your cashflow a bit in the meantime!

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...=&fmt=&header=&c=71037971&s=vic&tm=1192943488

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...=&fmt=&header=&c=71037971&s=vic&tm=1192943488

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back