Melbourne End of May 2012 Somersoft Meeting - Nunawading

For those who haven't been to my office before, it's on the top floor of the '40 Winks' building, 200 metres West from the Springvale/Whitehorse Rd interscetion. It's also about 5 minutes walk from the Nunawading train station.

Go to the top floor and there'll be some glass doors directly ahead. Go through the first doors on the right to the reception. Someday I'll get some better signage.

Do not park below the building, it gets locked at 8pm.

For those who haven't been to my office before, it's on the top floor of the '40 Winks' building, 200 metres West from the Springvale/Whitehorse Rd interscetion. It's also about 5 minutes walk from the Nunawading train station.

Go to the top floor and there'll be some glass doors directly ahead. Go through the first doors on the right to the reception. Someday I'll get some better signage.

Do not park below the building, it gets locked at 8pm.

Well if there's nowhere safe to park my Lambo count me out!

Hi Belu,

Thanks for the PM. I am trying to wriggle out of work on Tuesday. Hope to see you there. If I can't come I will contact you when I am next in Bendigo.

Y man would you please put me down for 1 thank you.

Hi all,

Will be an informal presentation tonight on Bendigo - some information on why I invested and why I like it as a location.

I will be there, and will bring 3 chairs :)

Cheers

Ben

Hi Belu,

can you share your thoughts for those who cannot attend but still value your inputs

-Why Bendigo?
-Current trends in Bendigo?
-Future growth trends?
-Vacancy rates?
-Median house prices?
-Pockets to look at and pockets to avoid?

Regards,
TV

Thanks Ben for the interesting presentation and Peter for hosting us.

And of course thank you to all who attended and contributed to the interesting discussion.

tvadera - you might like to message Belu for specifics, but the things I noted from the evening were:
  • Development / Enlargement of current hospital
  • Just over an hour to commute to Melb by Train
  • Land supply comaparativley tight due to surrounding state forests
  • Furnished rentals as a possible untapped market (due to hospital and bank execs)
  • Suburb "mapping" analogous to Melbourne (blue collar west, expensive inner east and south east)
  • Car parking is a pain in central Bendigo and a multi storey car park being built
  • Motels and other accomo booked out for next 2 years on weekdays
  • development opportunities with a council that is dev-friendly and with a fraction of the outlay of doing the same thing in Melb. Medium density as target, apartments not the go.
  • Vacancies on all rentals very low
  • Retirees moving into area as well as younger gen looking for affordable housing

BTW I have just looked at google maps - and I am now more mystified by the UFO site - what the hell are those cylinderical things??? :eek:

The Y-man

Back