Merry Christmas everyone!

You know the worst part about Christmas ? Trying to find a coffee when you are used to your daily fix and don't make it yourself. Fortunately some Japanese at the end of Kirribilli decided that they would open and my oh my wasn't it packed. Anyway glad someone doesn't celebrate Christmas :p

May as well have a hot lunch this year as it's been so cold so far for summer.
[What summer?].

Roast turkey, glazed ham, king prawns, salad and potato bake for lunch. Left overs for dinner.

See ya's.

PennyK what about little savoury muffins? They are very easy to make to be honest. Use a basic muffin mixture, add cheese and bacon instead of sweet items. I would post a recipe but I winged it so much last time. But they are really nice.

The muffins were a big hit! Thanks for the suggestion.
I used a basic cheese muffin recipe online, and added in some minced garlic and bacon bits. Everyone loved them.

I also cut sliced buttered bread and baked them in a muffin tray so they formed little crisp "shells", and then filled them with scrambled eggs and bacon. I need to work on improving the presentation, but they tasted good and again were popular.

You know the worst part about Christmas ? Trying to find a coffee when you are used to your daily fix and don't make it yourself. Fortunately some Japanese at the end of Kirribilli decided that they would open and my oh my wasn't it packed. Anyway glad someone doesn't celebrate Christmas :p

You gotta set yourself up to help yourself sometimes Mike ! Them other people aren't always reliable.....

Espresso, mokka or frappe ? Give me 2 minutes....

Sounded like everyone had a great Christmas.

This was what Christmas day brought for us...

6568133563_f5916f48cb_z.jpg

On the Saturday I rushed Mr Lamingtons off to get an umbrella. It is going to be hot honey, we have people coming over on Boxing day to see the decking and we cannot sit outside.
Turns out the umbrella was useful to protect against torrential rain. LOL!!

Very very thankful we had no damage (that we could see).
This has reminded me we need to get our roof fixed and resealed. Anyone has a recommendation for Melbourne?

oh gosh - what a mess of hail. When I first saw it, thought you'd been playing in the bag of polystyrene bean bag beads!

Ha ha ... we also got a really really nice wicker outdoor dining setting for Christmas this year.

Back