Met with my financial adviser yesterday and......

The projection is that both hubby and I can retire to plan in 10 years.:D We have only been investing for 3 years in both property and an equities portfolio. (had to as have NO super at all being a migrant and not having to have a pension in the UK) so when child 2 leaves high school- thats it we're gone.
My FA is really good - typical when it comes to property - are you sure you want to do that, your portfolio is unbalanced etc, but 3 years down the track he is very positive about what we have achieved and admitted yesterday that our current outcome may not have been possible with shares only.

WOO HOO choices here I come

mrsdawnrazor

Glad to hear it's all working for you.
Are you planning to live of your equity?
What % of growth of your IP portfolio did you include in your calculations?

cheers

Projections show 1 IP sold to fund income bonds, 3 kept (PPOR paid off and outside this equation.)so no living off equity in teh current projections. I am working on a plan to keep all 4 ( and any others that I might buy) so closer to the retirement time all options will be looked at.

4% pa property growth included in the projections

This plan is reviewed annually so I can make adjustments if things change but the nice thing is that I don't HAVE to take on more debt or risk but I can if I want to:D

If you bought another 1 or 2 properties before you retire. There is a good chance that you can double your money before you retire in 10 yrs. Because historically this has always happened.

On a serious note though, well done on planning for retirement 13 years before the date =). So many people leave it till its too late.

Projections show 1 IP sold to fund income bonds, 3 kept (PPOR paid off and outside this equation.)so no living off equity in teh current projections. I am working on a plan to keep all 4 ( and any others that I might buy) so closer to the retirement time all options will be looked at.

4% pa property growth included in the projections

mrsdawnrazor

It sounds like a good plan.
I want to retire in 10 years as well but was looking at a LOE plan

Will you be retiring well in advance of your normal retirement age because if you are you could probably still work part time to suplement your other income.

Hi Bill

Yes - looking to go 15 years ahead of official retirement - so I will be 50 and hubby 52. It is very reassuring just to have the plan and the end point. I will probably keep working albeit part time. I do some part time lecturing at the moment so I may well keep that up.

The main thing is that I am now reassured that there are choices, and I don't have to keep flogging away at the job and I can go to work because I want to not because I need to.

Reactions: BV
Back